Chapter 9

Past

The next day I woke up early as usual. It was Sunday so I could help with the preparations. Schools will be closed for the next two days.  It's a big festival in this community so they want everyone to enjoy it.  It was 7 in the morning when I reached the community center believe me I am not a morning person. But I have to do this and get it over with as soon as possible. I saw Yuri standing at the entrance of the center. As soon as he saw me he smiled at me.

"Hey Girl" He came towards and sling his arm around my shoulder.

"What do you eat dude? Bricks and cement?" His arm was definitely heavy. I tried to remove it but it was not easy.

"My favorite girl" He tighten the arm around me. Now it was impossible to remove it.

"Since when?" I asked. Yeah I felt bad that he ignored me the last few days. Our friendship started  when I came in this neighborhood and he was the first person to look and me and say, "A beautiful addition in our community" .  He was kidding but it felt good to have a friendly person among strangers. From then till now we have been friends. We meet once in a blue moon but it feels like we just met yesterday. 

"Forever" He smiled and pushed me inside the center. 

To say that I was feeling nervous and awkward was an understatement. I felt like I was entering a lion's den. Yeah I was over exaggerating. I closed my eyes after taking a deep breathe I entered. Actually I was not entering Yuri was dragging me. Even if I wanted to go back I cannot. 

"Hey Faith" Surprise, surprise. Guess who it was.

"Hey Rene" Wooow she had the audacity to wish me after doing that stunt yesterday. 

What was she doing here so early? And wait a second was she working.  Currently she was painting a poster with Diana. I could see Chris working with Victor in hanging some lights. Matt and Selena were sitting in a corner and talking about something urgent. I stared at Chris thinking back to what I decided yesterday. 

"Rene I need you here with me. I need your help with some designs." Matt shouted from his place. Selena frowned at me and got up to join Rene. What's her problem? 

"Yuri I have to go" I said  removing his arm. 

"Dear, You broke my heart. Can you give me a kiss before you go?" He said in a childish tone pouting at me. God this guy is really something else. I laughed loudly. I had tears in my eyes watching his behavior. I can feel the stares of others. I turned to watch Victor glaring at me with murder in his eyes. Chris had a neutral expression. 

"Stop kidding." I said slapping his arm. 

"I'm not kidding" He said with a serious tone. I could see it in his eyes. What's wrong with him? Why is he acting like this? Did he eat something wrong last night?

"I have to go dear." I said smacking his head and running out of his arm towards Matt. I laughed at myself. I turned around to see him rubbing his head. Staring at me with a smirk.

"Ill get back to you on this." He said with an evil smirk on his face.

"So I guess you are not angry with Victor anymore" Matt said smiling at me. 

"I never was" I sat beside him and picked up the design to select one. 

"I'm really very sorry for Victor's behavior yesterday"  Matt apologized. 

"No Matt its okay don't worry" I felt bad because he's somewhat an idol for me. Someone whom I can learn a lot from. I wore a full sleeve t-shirt today so that the bruise can be hidden. It was turning yellow and it looks hideous.