Chapter 25

If it wasn't too painful I wouldn't have gotten too used to it. Because to me pain was the only feeling I could feel.

"Mom!" I shouted from my bedroom at the top of my lungs. I don't know how could she do this.

"Mom. Where are you?" I ran down the stairs to look for her. I'm gonna get a heart attack sometimes because of this lady.

"Yes. What is it? Why are you shouting?" She asked me as soon as I entered the kitchen. So she was already listening.

"Why am I getting a call from Jacqueline?" I asked her. I'm sure it was her.

"How would I know?" She busied herself with the cleaning of dishes. She was acting dumb.

"Why did you give her my number?" I asked her folding my arms. I was trying to appear angry and scary.

"I thought that it would be good" She said ignoring me.

"Why is she asking me about blond male strippers?" I was angry at my mom as well as Jacqueline.

"Because I asked her to." this is making me mad.

"Why is that?" I'm tired of this debate.

"I wanted you to have a bachelorette party before your wedding" She said looking at me. No not looking staring daggers at me. Now was it my fault that I don't want this.

"But I don't want any party." I argued with her because she sometimes gets ahead of herself. I know I'm an introvert person but parties and all are really not my thing. I never even had a drink in my life.

"You do. I asked Jacqueline to arrange it."She said continuing her work.

"Why her? Why not Bri?" I turned her to look at me

"Bri is going out of town the weekend before your wedding so she won't be able to arrange anything. It was her idea by the way." She said folding her arms mimicking me.

"Who's footing the bill for this party anyway?" I asked her sure that she'll say I'll do it and than I'll get a chance to decline it.

"It's on me and Edna" She shrugged.

"Why are you two conspiring behind my back?" I asked getting annoyed with both of them. I know they have good intentions but this is way too far in that line.

"We want you to enjoy everything. You have been busy with your studies. We agreed when you told us that you won't be able to organise your wedding and gave us the reins but this is something that we want you to do. We can't let you miss this chance. You're going to get married once so enjoy it to the fullest." I could understand where she comes from. This wedding was a mutual decision of both the families and they want me to enjoy it. But how could I when I have the weight of the world on my shoulders. I took some loan for this wedding. If I'm getting married I'll do it at my own expenses. I can't let my brother or parents or even inlaws pay for it. I deposited some money into dad's account yesterday and made him swear not to tell anyone. This marriage is not for me it's for the families. I want my parents to feel content when they marry me. No regrets. I'm happy for them. Don't get me wrong I'm not against this marriage but I'm not too invested in it to participate in anything related to it.

"I'll do it" I said once again agreeing to something I don't want to. My life is full of things that others had planned for me. Some I regret, some I feel grateful for and others I hate.

"I'll call Edna" She said and ran to her room. Wow she seems to have become younger.

It's been 2 weeks since I spoke to Angel. The next morning he messaged me that he's going on a business trip and won't be back until the wedding. We haven't spoken after that. Not even a message. I guess he might be busy. But it felt off not to speak to him. It's not like we message on a regular basis . It feels kinda bad to be ignored. So after 2 weeks of silence I got a call from Jacqueline and it was not something I was expecting. I'm not happy to say the least. My mom had called her and asked to arrange the party 2 days before the wedding. I was shock. She sounded chirpy like she was already planning everything. The reason for her call was to ask me if I liked blonde stripers or dark haired one. I haven't even seen stripers. Why are we going in a bar? And when I said that I don't know what she's talking about she just assumed I don't like blondes and hung up on me. That girl might have fallen on her head when she was a kid. I pity her future husband. Thats how I ended up in an argument with mom.