Chapter 18

You waited for me even though I didn't knew you were waiting.

I hadn't slept a wink last night. I was busy pondering on my decision of thinking about this marriage. I know my brother was right. How can I lie ? I know myself and I was really happy with how things were turning out. Why ? Because I too want someone to love me and if it's someone choosen by my family it is a great thing. Who wouldn't crave for love? Who wouldn't want someone to look at them as if they were their lifeline? All this questions were on a repeat in my mind. I never had a boyfriend in my 23 years of life. I too want to hold someone's hand. Am I ready for all this? What if I had another episode like last time? I was on the brink of death already and if it happens again I won't survive. Who will want to marry someone like me? I won't hide anything from him. I'll tell him what ever happened and wait for his decision. If he says that he doesn't care about my past I'll marry him without delay and if he says no I'll continue with my life. I think this will do. With new determination I went downstairs only to get the surprise of my life. Guess? Angel that is. The one person because of whom I cannot sleep sitting there with my brother having breakfast in my fucking house. What?

"Good morning dear" Mom greeted me.

"Good morning Faith. I hope I'm not intruding" Angel smiled at me. That million dollar smile of his. He was wearing black attire. What's with people wearing all black? He was in a black jacket, black jeans and white t-shirt. Guess if wasn't all black. He looked so handsome sitting there. He hair had grown a little since the last time I had seen him. They were falling on his eyes and my hands were itching to push them back so that I could clearly see his eyes. His blue eyes. I was mesmerized with his eyes the first time I saw them.

"Why are you drooling sister?" My brother's voice snapped me out of my imagination. I rubbed my mouth. There was no drool. Shit. I got caught .

"Who's drooling?" I sat beside Angel because that has always been my seat. My brother was across from us.

"You" He laughed at me. He was in a business suit.

"Naa. What are you doing here?" I asked him. I ignored Angel which was actually a bit difficult to do since I could smell his cologne . He was sitting so close that I could feel his body heat. God.

"I decided to get some sleep when I came last night" he replied stuffing his face with pancakes. I motioned with my eyes towards Angel in an attempt to send a signal as to why Angel was here.

"Him? He came to drop you to school" Can't he understand that I don't want him to know that I was asking about him.

"Yes. I came to pick you. I wanted to speak to you about something as well." He said inching closer to me. This dude doesn't understand the meaning of personal space.

"No need. I can go by myself" I said declining his offer. One more minute with him is not bearable. Why do I feel this way around him?

"I know" He said sweetly.

"He was so kind to come here and offer you a lift. You will go."

"I didn't call him. Did I?" I asked him. What was his intention of coming here?

"Nope. You didn't. I wanted to drive you and talk to you." He said smiling at me. What's with all this smiles? Doesn't his cheek hurt? So he wanted to do it this way. Okay than I'll give him what he wants.

"Okay. Let's go. " I grabbed my bag and got up.

"Thank you Mrs. Joanson for the breakfast" He kissed my mom on the cheek. When did they get this close?

"Visit more often from now on. Okay?" She told him or I guess ordered him.

"Yeah. See you later Damien" He walked behind me.