Chapter 29

muskan12121

Faith's POV

People have betrayed me all my life. First my parents betrayed me by ignoring my pain and suffering. My dad was unemployed and my mom never wanted to go to work so I had to feed this family. I did what I had to do. From working in a diner to giving private tuitions I have done it. Just so I could feed this family. I've sacrificed my dream of becoming an Archaeologist just so I could feed them. The first moment I saw "The Mummy" I knew what ny dream was. But for doing that I will have to go to the top college in this country and I'll have to move there permanently until I completed my studies. But I couldn't do that. My family needed me. If I had done what I had wanted to I wouldn't have faced what I did last year. In some part of my mind and heart I blame my parents for keeping me here. I had to work full time for them. I used to work all day and study all night. I survived with 4 hours of sleep a day for since I was 19 years of age. I blame my father for not going to work. I blame my mother for not realising that I was dying each day. Some of you might think that my parents took care of me all this year's so why couldn't I do the same for them. I agree with you guys. I wanna help them take care of them but not today or tomorrow. I wanna do that once I get a little settled. They betrayed me when they ignored ny needs.

After my parents there were my friends who betrayed me because I wasn't rich. I wasn't popular like them. I was just a nobody surviving each day, fighting the pain of being invisible. The charity case that's what they called me in college because I was a scholarship student. The third betrayal was the one I got from the people in this community. When they hurt me just because they thought something I didn't even do was wrong. The last betrayal was from the brother when he pushed me towards my husband. When he forgot what I did for him all his life. When I sacrificed myself so that he wouldn't be troubled with this family problem we had. All in all I was betrayed by the people I thought were mine. Now the last betrayal that I could have avoided was the one I got from the only person I thought would be mine. My husband to be cheated on me. Can you believe it?

When he lifted my veil to kiss me the memory hit like a sledgehammer. I felt my heart stop for a moment. I saw the image of him with a girl. Kissing her forehead, caressing her. It felt like a knife was piercing my heart. I didn't even know when I started liking him so much that I'll feel like this when I saw him with someone else. The main question here is, Was it cheating ? Since he was not married to me yet. So should I consider it betryal or not. I was confused. I know my condition will relapse. When my emotions are uncontrollable I cannot guarantee that I'll still be same. The trigger to my changing are my emotions. The moment I entered the altar my eyes were only on him. I saw him in my future. I saw us holding hands and walking on street, smiling and laughing each other. Would it still be the same? I was angry at first but now I can understand why he did what he did. I saw her she was beautiful. I wasn't. That's what made me sure that he was with her because she was everything I wasn't. When I saw her standing besides Angel I could see why he liked her. She was wearing a golden brown noddle strip gown that hugged her body like a second skin. She had golden hair and tanned skin. She looked just like royalty. I felt enbarassed standing in front of her. What if this marriage was a scam to hide his relationship with her? What if his parents wanted him to marry me but he liked her? If that's the case than I'll accept whatver he wanted with me. Even if our marriage is only on paper I'll accept it. I never thought I'll marry or someone will marry me. So getting married was a plus point in my life. But I knew it was too good to be true. I knew there was some catch the moment he told me that he wanted to marry me even after I told him about the rape. Okay the no rape. But what can I say now that he has someone he wants to stay with I can sleep peacefully at night knowing that not telling him the truth was good. I'm not sure what will change even if he knew the truth he'll still be with her.