Chapter 41

Faith

I woke up to the sound of conversation. Who is it? I turned around and looked at the time. It was 10 in the morning. I took two weeks off from the University for my wedding but I had to extend it because if the injury. I looked at my wrist which was bandage free. There were stitch marks on it. I'll have to live with this all my life. I got up and went to the washroom. After getting freshed I walked out of the room. Whoever it was that has arrived was still here. I was wearing last night's clothes of hoodie and sweatpants. My hair was a mess but I tied it in a bun. Atleast I look a little presentable. I turned the corner to see Angel standing behind the counter and someone sitting on the bar stool. I walked a little closer and the golden hair was an indication of the person which I didn't wanna see. I felt my heart hurt.

"You're up" I heard Angel say. I turned to look at him. He was only in sweatpants no tshirt in sight. He looked mouthwatering with his abs on display. I averted my eyes from him. He was not mine to look.

"Yeah." I said. Chiara turned around and looked at me.

"Hey. How are you?" She asked standing and walking towards me. I moved a little further from her.

"Don't worry I'm not gonna hurt you " she assured me. But I still walked back she walked closer.

"Stop. I think it's better if you stay away from me. I'm not stable. " I said walking around her and on the other side of the counter. Angel was standing a few feet away from me. I opened the fridge and took a bottle of water.

"I'm sorry to disturb you I'll be on my way." I said and moved to walk back to my room.

"Why don't you stay for breakfast?" I heard Chiara ask.

"No " I know I was rude but it's best this way.

"Let her go she's not worth it." I heard Angel say. I stopped on my tracks and turned around. Anger was evident in my stare. But he was unfazed. Just staring at me.

"You're right. I'm not worth it. I'm sorry that you have to deal with me. " With that I turned and walked back in to my room.

I know I was not worth it or worth anything he could ever give me. Was it my fault that I wasn't fine up there? Was it my fault that this was happening? No. It wasn't. But who will believe me a crazy bipolar person. It's just a year. Maybe I can talk to some lawyer and ask the procedure again. Why do I feel like there's something not right with what Angels layer said to me? Why a year? I heard my phone ring. It was the university office number.

"Hello" I said in to the speaker.

"Am I talking to Miss Faith Joanson ?" I heard a woman speak.

"Yes. " I said sitting on the bed.

"I just wanted to ask you when you will be able to rejoin. I heard that you were getting married and had taken 1 week holiday and than some accident happened and you took another week off. When are you going to start again?" She speaks so fast.

"Tomorrow. I'll be joining back from tomorrow." Why delay the inevitable? What's in life anymore other than working and atleast providing for my family.

"Okay. Thank you for your time" I heard her hang up after that. Thank god I have something to look forward to tomorrow. I kept my phone on the bedside table and walked to take a shower. I was hungry but I couldn't go down yet. So he was already playing house with her.

After taking a shower in which I cried a lot. Yeah I'm a cry baby I feel like my heart is in pieces. Who wouldn't? Every girl gets married and thinks that her husband will be her and they'll have a good life together. But look at me all my dreams shattered. I know that I wouldn't have gotten married if not for Angel. Still I had some dreams some wishes that I wanted to fulfill. Like going out on dates and dinners. Getting to know each other inside out. All this dreams were broken the moment I saw them together. I should have known. What's done is done the only thing I can do right now is work? Earn some money and move out of here. Live on my own. I have money but I want to earn more so that I can stay comfortably until I divorce. I don't even need a lawyer. I don't want anything from Angel. He can keep his property and all to himself. I just need to stay away from him so that I won't hurt him and keep my heart in check.