Chapter 20

"Done" I hear bri shout behind me really she's loud.

"That means I can open my eyes right?" Not wanna ruin her efforts I have to be careful. I'm a makeup nerd. I am as clueless as a guy about makeup so it's a given that I don't know how to do it. Thank god for friends like bri.

"Duh" I opened my eyes to look at the reflection. There's only one word to describe it and that is wow. She really has a talent in this. I look different, beautiful. I'm wearing a simple dark blue full sleeves dress. With a deep neck. It comes to my knees. There are silver glitters on the bottom of the dress at the frill so that when I walk they shine. It's really a dress made for me. My hair is twisted in a French braid and is placed on my shoulder. My bangs are covering my face. I don't know what to say to her. 

"Is there something wrong?" I heard her nervous voice behind me. I guess I was mesmerised by myself.

"I look beautiful. Thank you so much Bri" I said hugging her tightly. I feel like crying.

"No need to thank me. We're sisters" Yeah we are. She really considers me as her sister and deep down I know I do too.

"So let's get going. I'll drop you at your place. " She said grabbing her keys. I wore the silver heels to match with the dress. Her cousin also bought a silver clutch to match with my shoes. The dress hides all of my scars except the one on my face but bri did a good job of hiding it too.

"Where are you guys going?" She asked when we were settled inside the car.

"I have no clue" I admit the truth. My mom didn't call me back and I was too busy prepping that I completely forgot to call her back.

"Really? " She sounds surprised.

"Yeah. I thought of messaging him but refrained from doing so" I admitted to her. I should be more free with her. I promised to myself that I'll try to share with her as much as I can because shares everything with me.

"It's good. Let him surprise you" She parked outside my house.

"Good luck. Call me when you are done" She said hugging me once again.

"Goodbye" I said getting down and heading for the front door.

"Hey" I saw my mom as soon as I entered she was ready. She was wearing a maroon dress that ended a little below her knees. She had her hair in a bun at the top of her head with a few strands covering her face. The most surprising thing was she was wearing makeup. She never did that unless it was very important. I guess today could be considered important as well.

"You look beautiful honey" She had tears in her eyes as soon as she saw me.

"Thank you. " I said hesitantly.

"When are we leaving?" My dad came around the corner and saw me. He too had tears in his eyes the moment he saw me. Parents. What can I say? He wore a tuxedo and it looked new maybe they bought it recently he was wearing new shoes as well. He looked younger than his 54 years of age. 

"You've grown up to be a beautiful woman like your mother." He hugged me tightly.

"Dad ....dad you're squeezing me" I said tapping his arm.

"Sorry" He wiped his eyes and looked around to avoid me.

Fifteen minutes later there was a knock on the door. My mom went to open it. I was sitting at the couch counting numbers. Trying to calm myself. I cannot afford to make any mistakes. Even though this is an arrange marriage meeting I should not let my parents feel disappointed especially after wearing this ring. I totally forgot about the ring. I had removed it and put it in the clutch before getting ready. I wore it again and try to hide my hand since I don't want my parents to see it and start asking questions. It doesn't matter everything will be clear at the dinner.