Chapter 26

Dedicated to Siliswapnanayak20

The life she knew was taken from her.

Damien ( Faith's Brother)

"Baby get up someone's at the door." I heard someone whispering. Did I bring someone home last night with me. Maybe I did.

"Hey get up" She shook me. Her voice is gritting on my nerves.

I heard the bell again. I decided to get up since there's only one person who disturbs me at night and it's Prescott since he comes at odd times. I opened my eyes and looked around. A blonde girl was staring at me with wide eyes. She is beautiful. I pulled the covers and got up. I was naked as the day I was born. The girl clutched the sheets to her chest. I grabbed my discarded pants and pulled them up my legs.

"I'll be back. Make sure you're ready for another round" I smirked at her. Now that I am awake I should enjoy another round with her and the horny looks she was giving she too was willing. I walked towards the door. My apartment was bigger for me. I had two bedrooms. One for me and one in case of Fay. I wanted her to leave our parents and move in with me but she is adamant about helping them. They don't even deserve to be called parents. The way they ignored what happened to their daughter is the worst a person could expect from their parents. I hope her married life will give her what she deserves. I opened the door. A middle age man was standing outside.

"May I help you?" I asked. I was sleepy.

"There's a lady in my cab. She gave me your address. Can you check on her?" He sounded worried. I hope it's not Faith. She was having a bachelorette party tonight. I heard from mom since she was in no talking terms with me.

"Okay." I said following him towards his cab downstairs. I couldn't see inside.

"I picked her while running on the street shoeless" He explained.

He opened the back door and what I saw inside made me loose balance. I caught myself from almost falling from the shock. I saw Faith laying on the backseat eyes closed. Looking unconscious. She was wearing a red dress that exposed her thigh. Her feet were red with blood seeping from cuts. She looked like a broken Angel. What has happened to her?

"FUCK! Faith. Look at me." I shouted. She opened her eyes. She was staring at me with haunted empty eyes. The sister I know was gone. I picked her up in my arms. Careful not to hurt her feet. She just stared at me lifeless, empty. A shell of my lively, cheerful sister. I walked inside the apartment building. I felt the driver following me.

"You told me to go to my husband. I just came to tell you that he's cheating even before we married" I heard her whisper. She laughed loudly. A humourless laugh. A haunted laugh. And than she closed her eyes.

"Fay! Baby please open your eyes." I screamed for her. I could feel the tears gather in my eyes. I ran inside my apartment and laid her in the room I kept for her. I grabbed the covers and placed them on her. I went inside my room and grabbed my phone and wallet. The girl was still there staring at me.

"I'm sorry but you'll have to go" I said.

"Are you kicking me out?" She sounded angry.

"There's a cab downstairs. Get in it. I'll pay the fare." I said and left her to scream at me.

"Thank you so much for dropping her" I said handing the cab driver the money. He was standing outside the door.

"Is she alright?" He asked me.

"She will be. Can you drop someone? I'll pay you in advance." I said. Handing him some more cash I gestured the girl who came from my room now fully dressed.