Chapter 49

Faith

"Meet me right fucking now." I screamed in the phone. I actually did I'm not kidding. And I hung up the call.

"Can you just calm down?" Bri said beside me.

"Can I ?" I said walking around her living room.

"Yes. You can. You're overreacting." She said eating her favourite food. Icecream. She said she's having pregnancy cravings.

"Why did you lie to me by the way?" I asked sitting beside her.

"I though I lost the baby but what do we know. Miracle happens everyday. " She smiled still eating her ice cream. I'm here since the last 2 hours and she's already finished 1 bucket of it.

"What about Josh?" I asked

"Josh? I moved out of there and here. He's still with that girl and that child. They're taking him for an operation." She said looking sad.

"Do you regret anything? I mean you moved an hour away from there and you still travel each day to go to the University even though you're pregnant." I was confused why would someone do that.

"I would have moved to another country if it was possible. I even applied to certain places but until this year ends i can't go anywhere. So even though it's a bitch to commute 2 hours a day atleast I don't have to see him with her." She said wiping some tears.

"I'm sorry for you." I said hugging her.

"It's okay. I'm alright now. I have the baby and that's all I need " she said smiling.

"Whom did you call?" She asked looking at my phone.

"My brother. I need to talk to him. I cannot go home or at Angel's so I'm really sorry for coming here." I said feeling guilty since I haven't spoken to her in months.

"It's okay. I was missing you anyway. I hope you forgave me for taking all the decisions I took." She said

"Listen Bri. It's your life you can take whatever decision you want. I or anyone else have no right to judge you for those. So be proud of your decisions and I'll always be here for whatever you decide. I'll be your cheerleader " I said smiling.

"I really appreciate it " she said getting up and going to the kitchen.

"What are you doing here by the way? It's not like I mind" She asked coming back with a cup of coffee.

"Angel has a kid with someone I hate more than anyone in this world " I said feeling sad.

"So? " She said as if it doens't matter.

"What?" I was clueless as to what she was trying to say.

"Did the child do any wrong to you ?" She asked.

"No he didn't but whenever I see him I remember everything that happened to me. How can I face him?" I said crying.

"Hey. Hey. Listen. I know it's hard but if you meet him get to know him you might actually face your worst fears. You get to face your pain. And maybe one day you'll be strong enough to overcome this. Look at this from the positive side " she said

"Angel lied to me. All this time it was all a lie " i said feeling sad for myself.

"Yes he did. There might be some reason for him to lie to you. But at the end of the day you're both married and you'll have to forgive him sooner or later. Listen to his reason try to understand it. And still if you don't think you can accept it leave him there are a lot of guys out there waiting to be with a girl like you." She winked at me.