Chapter 47

Faith

I opened the door to the penthouse to leave this place as soon as possible. But to my bad luck Angel was standing in front of the door as soon as I opened it.

"Sunshine." He whispered. Just that single word made me feel so much more than I've ever felt before. I ended up crying in front of him.

"Just...... just... Leave me alone please. " I said with tears running down my face.

"Don't say this sunshine." He said moving closer.

"Stop!" I screamed and walked back a few steps.

"I'm sorry." He said getting down on his knees. His face looked as if he was crying.

"Just leave me alone. I don't wanna see you " I said moving further back.

"Sunshine please forgive me." He said looking at me there were tears running down his eyes as well. God. I can't see him cry.

"Why?" I asked just that one word could bring my salvation.

"Why did you save me? Why did you marry me ? Why?" I asked not believing he did everything out of good for me.

"For her." He said and that made me break down and fall on my knees.

"I loved you." I confessed something that I never even uttered.

"I love you too sunshine." He said getting up and moving towards me. This time I didn't even stop him.

"No you don't." I said but he was already in front of me. He picked me up and carried me somewhere inside the house. A few minutes later he laid me down on the bed. He laid down opposite me. We faced each other. Me crying, his eyes filled with tears as well.

"Are you okay?" He asked sounding concerned about me.

"No." I said honestly.

"All I ever wanted was for you to get your revenge and live a healthy and happy life away from all this chaos. I never meant to drag you in this ." He said looking sadly at me.

"I get you did everything you could to save her and in the process of saving her you saved me as well. I get it. But one thing that I don't get is our marriage. When you already love her what is the reason behind this all this " I said

"At the start I married you because I know that I took something from you which was never mine to take. But marrying you was beneficial to both of us. I could give you the respect, money and life you've only dreamt of. And You could help me save Chiara. " He said looking at me guilty.

"Is it just this?" I asked not understanding.

"Yes. What else could it be?" He said.

"Okay. Let's just end this than. "I said getting up. But before i could do that he pulled me down once again but this time I was much more closer to him than before. Our noses were almost touching.

"Wait. What she told you was only half truth?" He said looking at me.

"What is left to say here?" I asked.

"The truth." He said .

"I know you belong to the mafia and you raped me. What else is left?" I asked.

"Let me tell you a story. " He said looking at me intently.

"A story?" I asked

"Yes. It's about a guy who left his country to come here and met someone who became so special to him that he couldn't leave her alone " he said smiling at me.