Chapter 46

Knowing the truth is better than being in dark or is it?

Faith

"I can't believe it" I said looking at her.

"It's true he's the one who did that to you." She said looking at me sadly. I could see the truth in her eyes.

"How could I trust you? I have met your father he told me a story which was far from the truth. And now you're here from I don't know God knows where and telling me something that I ...I " I was speechless.

"My father will do what is best for his business and whatever he told is what you wanted to hear." She said getting up and waking towards the glass wall.

"Growing up in a mafia family you have to think for the business before you think about your family. Your family is just a burden for you. " She said I could feel the sadness in her voice.

"Where were you all this time? " I asked staring at her back.

"I was in Italy with my husband. I wasn't allowed to come here my brother restricticted it as head of the mafia family. I couldn't violate it even if my husband is the leader of the Russian mafia. " She said laughing and turning to look at me.

"You're kidding me you married a mafia man when I could hear that you hate being in a mafia family." I said laughing without humor.

"Yes i did. Love makes you do things you never even dreamt of doing. " She said looking at me with sad eyes.

"Yeah. Love was what made me marry your brother in the first place." I said standing beside her.

"So tell me everything from the start". I said walking towards the sofa and sitting on it.

"Okay. Let's do this." She said sitting on the armchair in front of me.

"I'll have to go way back for you to understand this." She said folding her legs and looking straight at me.

"But before that tell me something. Have you ever seen my brother before ?" She asked I looked at her confusingly.

"I think I remember him from a year ago. He was the one who fought with the goons to save me. I mean save you actually. " I said looking at her.

"No. I mean before that?" She asked.

"No. I don't think so. I wouldn't forget a face like that " I joked.

"Yeah. I get it. Hereditary." She smiled at that. I don't know why but I felt calm like never before. I was ready to face this. I was ready to know the truth.

"8 years ago we moved here from Italy. " She said looking at me.

"I was 16 at that time. " I whispered.

"My brother at that time was around 21 something I guess. " She looked at me.

"So?" I asked looking at her confused as to what she's getting at.

"You moved here at that time right in this community" She said .

"Yes. How do you know that?" I asked

"I know everything about you." She said smiling.

"Explain " I said looking at her intently.

"Let's start with Chiara first. Where should I start? Okay. She was the daughter of my father's best friend. Uncle Mario Carter and Aunt Jane Carter. Aunt Jane was the daughter of the Russian mafia and Uncle Mario was in Italian mafia. My dad's right hand. The Russians and the Italians hated each other at that time. But unfortunately they both fell in love and Aunt Jane ran away from home when she was already promised to the future leader of the Russian mafia my father in law." She stopped.