Chapter 10

Past

It was spring festival today and I decided to wear something good as I was finally going to get rid of this feelings that I have kept in my heart for the last one year for Chris. It was confession day. I didn't have much clothes to decide form so I wore my black jeans , white t-shirt and black leather jacket with my favorite black knee - length boots. Yes, I was like black a lot since it's something that can hide anything. I pulled my hair into a pony tail on top of my head and I even wore lens today. With a little foundation and lipstick (borrowed from mom) my look was complete. I saw myself in the mirror. I looked good. I smiled at myself. I felt mature. Heading downstairs I saw mom and dad getting ready as well.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked confused. 

"Wherever you are going." Mom said handing me a plate filled with sandwiches. 

"You guys never attend the festival." I was not sure why they decided to join me.

"Because you did a lot of work this year and we wanted to see for ourselves." Dad said patting my head in a loving and proud gesture.

"We are really proud of you dear" Mom said patting my back.

"All your love for your daughter only. I feel neglected. I'll disown you guys." Dame came around the corner and sat beside me.

"Hey, Lil sis." he rubbed my head messing my hair

"Last time I check you were born after me younger brother." I said trying to salvage my hairstyle

"So are you done with the prep?" He asked eating his egg. I don't know how he eats that thing but I've been a vegetarian my whole life. Yeah it's a shock but I don't consume this things. Why you ask? I myself don't know.

"Yeah. I've decided to do it today" I told him. Hope he gets my meaning

"Good. Call me when you are done." He said kissing my forehead and getting up to go upstairs.

"Are you coming?" I asked

"I might take my new girlfriend with me" He smiled actually I could see his cheeks getting red. Maybe he's serious this time

"You got  a girlfriend?" Mom was shocked. Believe me they too were tired of him throwing girls here and there.

"It doesn't matter." Dad said

"Why?" I asked 

"He'll get bored in a few days and leave her soon" He stated 

"That's not right" Mom exclaimed

"I know but he's the younger me so I know what he'll do next better than him." He smiled at mom

"I'll get going I'm getting late. I'll see you guys there" I kissed the each on their cheek and left.

Before stepping a foot outside I felt as if something bad would happen today. I don't know why but it feels as if I'll lose everything today. Nevertheless it might be my hormones.
I walked towards the community center. Let me give you a glimpse of the spring festival.
It is happening at the ground that is connecting the Junior and High school. There will be performance in the evening by the kids of the school. There are stalls that are setup by the people from our community as well as all the neighboring. This festival is a very big deal since it brings in a lot of money in the community and they claim that this money is used to built a shelter for all the homeless people on the outskirts of the town. Not only homeless people from our community but other communities can also come and stay there. Every year the aim of conducting this festival is different. Last year it was for setting up a center for underage girls who gets pregnant so that they can go there and live if their family doesn't accept them after getting pregnant. Not only for them for any other pregnant person who doesn't have anyone to look after them can go there. It is a good cause. So many people even donate plenty of money. I don't know how much money comes every year but I heard it's a lot.
I entered the community center to see none other than Victor. He was leaning against a pillar and talking on his phone. As soon as he saw me he hung up his phone and walked towards me. I never noticed him but he too is  very well built like his brother Matt. He too was dressed like me black t-shirt, black jeans and a white brown leather jacket and boots. Shit we matched somehow.