Chapter 55

Angel

"What's the stats?" I asked Ethan my most trusted man.

"We traced them in Italy." He said I could see the shock on his face too. What are they doing in Italy? They are not allowed there at any cost. How did they end up there?

"I think I know where they are." Erik said suddenly looking at his phone. We all waited for him to speak. He seemed to be debating whether he should answer or not. I can see the fight he's having within himself.

"Erik." I said a little softly to make him realise that I trust him.

"Macrides Mansion." He replied. Everyone started moving around us but we stood there without moving staring at each other.

"Everyone one out." Everyone left except dad. He does not need to follow my order. He is still the Capo even though I manage everything.

"What are you hiding from me Angel?" He asked.

"Erik. We are not hiding anything from you. Whatever it is you are already aware of it. We never kept you in the dark son." My dad replied.

"I think she knows the truth by now." Erik said I can see him getting worried.

"She will not. I know Chiara she will never open her mouth." I said looking at him confidently. Chiara has no reason to do so because if she does, she will have to take her place. She never wanted it.

"What if she did Angel? What about the collateral?" Erik said leaning against the desk. We are in my parent's mansion in the states right now. Leandro is sleeping in his room with mom.

"You know if she opened her mouth all hell will break loose. Things will not be in our control anymore and there will be uncontrollable chaos. The reason I married Tessa was because you assured me that nothing like this will happen and if that does you can say good bye to everything you hold dear. Even that wife of yours." I could not hear anymore and I grabbed his collar.

"One more word and I'll bring hell here." I said not wanting to let him go. Dad tapped my back signalling me to calm down. I let him go. 

"Stop fighting you two. First, we must save Chiara and then we can figure out." Dad said in his Capo voice.

"Erik. Whatever it is I assure you that I will handle it all." I said assuring him.

"I hope you do. If not, I will not be responsible for my actions." He said pushing me and going out.

"Son?" I heard dad say behind me. I turned around to see him worried.

"Leave me alone dad." I said and left the room.

I walked out of the room and headed towards the one place in the whole house that was my sanctuary. I remember feeling very lonely most of the times when we shifted to the states. This place was mine and mine alone. I opened the door and walked in the Olympic size swimming pool that the mansion harbours underground. This pool was the reason we bought the manor, it seemed that the previous owner's son was an athlete so he made this pool for his son to practice indoor when it becomes too cold to do it outside. I removed my clothes and got inside the pool. The water was cold for me but this is what I needed to think about my next move. I knew Chiara will not say anything to anyone, until she was threatened or she wants someone to suffer. I know her like my own skin. Since she came here in my family, she has always been my shadow. I never let her get too far or too close to me but enough for her to feel like she is in control. The secret we kept safe the last twenty years was on the verge of coming out. I do not know how everyone would react to knowing the truth behind closed doors but I wish I was unaware as well. I pray everyday and wished I could turn back the clock and not be at home on that faithful day when everything happened but nothing is in my hand and I had been suffering ever since lying to my own flesh and blood and now my wife. I closed my eyes and floated in the water remembering that night.

Twenty years ago

"Angel my boy. Look at mommy." I opened my eyes to see my mom standing over me. I felt pain in my arm as soon as I opened my eyes, I feel tears falling. Were they mine?

"Everything's is alright my boy. I'm so sorry I'll never ever do that again." She was crying holding my hand tightly. The events of the day came crashing down on me. That girl she came with daddy. Mom and dad trying to shoot themselves. Me stopping them and shooting myself. Why am I still alive? I was supposed to die. It seems someone shot my arm but the bullet only nicked my skin but it hurt enough to let the gun fall down.

"Where's daddy?" I asked suddenly scared that he might have hurt himself.

"Ill call him." She said and left the room. A few moments later my dad came inside. He looked as if he is very old. I remember my daddy being the most handsome man.

"Hey buddy." He came and sat besides me mom on one side and dad on one side.

"Where's that girl?" I remember her. She looked scared.

"She's outside." Dad said smiling at me.

"Why were you both trying to kill yourself? "I asked being scared even to imagine a world without my parents.

"Son............. There are days when people do crazy things. Today was our day." Dad said smiling.

"Yes. We promise we will not do that ever again if you promise to not do what you did as well." Mom said kissing forehead.

"I won't." I said getting up and hugging both tightly.

After a few years I finally figured out the cause of their behaviour and I wished I would have shot myself that day rather than hiding things for the rest of my life. Chiara became a permanent entity in my life as soon as I knew the truth. The twins were not told anything. Tessa was another story. I was the only one carrying this burden. Lucky me. I wish I Could like a normal life and have a normal family.

Present

Getting out of the pool, I dried myself off. Picking up my phone I logged in to my home and saw the camera I had installed there. Faith was fast asleep. Thank God, I had given her the sedatives she needed it after everything she had gone through in the last few days. I could see her figure in the dark. It might make me come out as a creep but I have installed cameras in each corner of my house. I like to be safe then sorry. Since the day Faith moved here I had them installed these cameras to keep an eye on her. Not because I do not trust her but because I do not trust the people around me. I knew one day she might get in danger due to her connection with me so I wanted to make sure I had everything covered. I watched her sleep for a couple of minutes. I called my mom

"Hey." She said on the other side.

"Where's he?" I asked.

"He's lying in my lap right now." She spoke. I looked at the time it was around 5 in the morning.

"Why?" I was suddenly worried. He usually sleeps alone in his room only when I am with him, he sleeps besides me.

"He is having nightmares Angel. He needs his mom." She said in a sad voice.
I had nothing to say. I had things sorted out before the wedding but now it seems I need to rush everything at least for my son.

"Mom. Everyone might find out the truth today." I said sadly she has suffered a lot in dark now its time for the truth to come out.

"It is okay dear. I am happy. I have made my peace with things years ago. I am ready to face it all. Just remember this family should stay the way it is. I do not want to lose any of my child. No one." She said in the voice of a true mafia queen.

"Ill make sure of it." I said and hung up the call. 

Hey everyone. The story is nearing to its end soon we will find out the truth. I promise to update regularly. Want you guys to vote all the chapters. I want to complete 500 votes before the end of the story. Love you all thank you for all your support and love. I am also trying to publish this book as soon as possible. You might find it on Amazon Kindle in a few months. A little birdie told me that this book might have a sequel. Can't wait to share it with you guys.