Chapter 27

She trusted him but was he capable of her trust.

"Faith. Wake up sis." I heard someone speaking very close to my ear. Is he planning to make me deaf? I'm not sure. I couldn't open my eyes but I can still hear him clearly as day.

"I know you're in there please wake up" I heard him again. I recognise this voice. My brother dearest. Can't he just let me sleep? It's been so long since I had a good night's sleep. He started shaking me vigorously. I'm gonna kill him.

I opened my eyes. He was staring at me to close to my face.

"Are you trying to make me deaf?" I pushed him and got up. But I couldn't do it since my head started spinning the moment I tried to wake up.

"Did I finally drink alcohol?" I asked him. Getting up with a lot of effort. I sat and looked around me. I was in his house. In the other room he claims to have kept for me. I'm not sure if that's true.

"You didn't" He said handing me a glass of water. Yeah I was thirsty. I drank then while glass full of water in a single gulp.

"Can you tell me why I'm here?" I asked looking at myself. I was wearing a tee and nothing. I mean I was still in my undergarments. But apart from that I was naked. If you can call that makes with a tee.

"You went black" He said. I looked at him confused for a moment if it's true. But when I saw him wearing a day old tee with all the crease in it. His hair looked like he was clutching them or pulling them a lot. His eyes were blood shot with lack of sleep.

"What triggered it this time?" I asked. My body was paining in all places. I was sore. I get this kind of pain when I go under.

"You tell me" He asked pulling me to stand. He helped me towards the washroom. I went inside and cleaned myself as much as I could. I saw my reflection and I looked haunted. My eyes were puffy from crying or sleeping I couldn't decide. My hair all over the place. I could easily get a horror movie role. I looked that bad. I ignore it and went out. My feet was irritating me. I sat at the toilet and turned my feet to look at my heels. There were some cuts and bruises there. How did I get this? I got up and went out to face my brother. I want some answers.

"How long was I out this time?" I asked him following him to the kitchen.

"A day" He said gathering some ingredients to make sandwiches. I couldn't see to remember what I did before I went out. I need some hint.

"What was I doing before this? Why am I here?" I asked.

"You were at your bachelorette party." He said placing a plate with a sandwich in front of me.

"Wait. If the party was day before yesterday than my wedding is today?" I asked staring at him. I was shock.

"Yeah. It is in 5 hours." He said staring at the wall clock behind me. I turned to look it showed 5 in the morning. It was still dark outside.

"What about my exams?" I asked standing up and pacing the room. I couldn't believe this happened.

"It's in 2 hours." He said calmly eating his sandwich.

"Are you kidding me? How could I go under at this time? How will I go for my exams? I don't have time to study or revise." I tugged at my hair in frustration.

"Come here." He said pulling me towards him. I went willingly. He made me sit besides him on the couch with his arm around me. I placed my head on his shoulder.

"Everything will be alright. I will drop you there. You don't have to worry about getting prepared. You're all set for it. And your marriage you'll get there in time. I'll handle everything I promise." He said rubbing my back soothingly.