Chapter 8

Present

The car looked expensive. I was standing there staring at that car for a few minutes when I heard the drivers door open. I raised my eyes to see the person getting out of the car and believe me I stepped back because that man was scary. Oh oh if this man wanted to kidnap me he could do without breaking any sweat. I was in for big trouble. I should have waited for the bus instead of asking for a lift. That man had black hair which was cut close to his head. His black eyes were staring at me as if I was his next meal. He towered over me since he was tall no he was huge. He had fair skin and full lips. He was smiling at me. But that smile didn't do anything to make him less scary. He came towards me but instinctively I took two steps back. He could have spoken to me while sitting inside the car why did he come out.

"Ma'am? " He asked confused at my behavior.

"Yes?" Wait why am I questioning him.

"You have to come with me" He said inching closer.

"Why? I don't even know you. If you try anything stupid I'll shout." I said. I was getting nervous.

"Ma'am I'm not trying to hurt you. I've got orders to drop you home" He smiled trying to calm me.

"Who gave you that orders? " I still have some common sense to ask him this questions.

"My Boss." I could hear the duh at the end of his sentence.

"Who's your boss?" Why are we speaking like kids?

"Mr. Angel" As soon as the name came out of his mouth I can feel myself getting angry.

"Who does he think he is to order me around?!" I spat at him. Faith girl its not his fault. He's just following orders. I know I shouldn't shout at him but I was tired, angry and want my bed.

"Ma'am I'm just following the orders given to me. " He said getting annoyed at my behavior.

"I know you're just following orders Mr......" I stopped since I didn't know his name.

"Ethan Callas. " He replied

" Mr. Callas you get what I'm saying right." I tried to make him understand my situation.

" Yes I can Ma'am but I have to follow the orders. I am not liable to question my employers. If I don't follow them they will punish me" He was pleading me with his eyes. Is he kid? How could they punish him? Are we in the mediaeval age?

"But I...." I was cut mid- sentence when I heard a phone ringing. It was definitely his.

"Yes sir.... She's with me.......... Yeah. " He stopped and handed me his phone. I looked at him clueless as to what I'm supposed to do.

"He wants to talk to you" He was pleading me with his eyes. I could do two things. Keep my attitude and decline to take the phone but it will result in maybe him getting punish and losing his job or I could take the call and decline him on my own so that he won't punish this guy. So appealing to my inner mature person I took the phone.

"Hello." I said actually at this point I was not feeling like arguing with anyone. I just want this day to end.

"I want you to get in the car. Ethan will drive you home" Why do I feel weak in my knees whenever I hear his voice. His voice is commanding.

"No" I said still keeping my pride.

"I know you don't want anyone's help but think of it as me apologizing for not attending today's dinner. ..." There was a pause and than he continued . I felt like I was holding my breathe.

"Please" One word from his mouth and I was a puddle on the floor. God. Why does he sound like this?

"Yes" I didn't even know the word left my mouth. I agreed but I'll have to have some advantage here as well.