Chapter Twenty Eight: Love Expert

"Calum, I'm one hundred percent sure Romeo and Juliet didn't have any aliens, are you sure you read the right book?"

Calum lifted his head from the grey desk, we stared at each other and bursted laughing.

The librarian disapprovingly glared at us. We both brought our hands to our mouth to muffle our giggles.

Calum and I had been here for about three hours straight; the first two hours started great and we were really productive but one conversation lead to the next and before I knew it, Calum was teaching me some makeshift American football game.

"No, no you're supposed to square up the triangle and aim it across the line." He corrected my form. "The line" being past the pencil he placed across the table. Every time the triangle landed past the pencil but not fall off the table, the other person would ask a related English question. If their answer was correct they would get two points.

"Calum, I'm a teenage girl whose coordination involves not falling off the bed when I'm watching movies on my laptop." I reminded him, shooting the paper which did not even reach half way.

"And that is also why you are failing at this game." Calum snatched the paper, set it to aim where it landed perfectly on the line.

Flipping through our flash cards, "What do you called love that's not returned?"

"Unrequited." A another voice spoke and I looked up to see none other then Rylan.

"Oh hi there." I slightly fiddled at my blouse sleeve. Calum and Rylan just nodded their heads at each other.

"Hey there, I been looking for you everywhere!" He exclaimed, focusing back on me and hugging me at my shoulder.

"Well you would have if you went to English today." I half joked, knowing Rylan ditched to hang out with his other friends.

"Sorry about that babe." He apologized, "How about I make it up with a date tomorrow night, just you and me?"

"Just you and me?" I asked, remembering that our first date did not go so well due to the extra attendance.

"Just you and me." He confirmed, smiling down.

"Okay then." I smiled and he pecked my cheek, "I'll pick you at seven, wear something nice."

And with one last final grin and a good bye, Rylan left.

"So you two are a thing?" Calum randomly asked, his fingers playing with the triangular folded paper.

"Rylan and I? I guess, I'm not really sure." I answered, not making eye contact with him.

"That's strange." Calum said back and I looked at him, "What's strange?"

He shrugged, "I always thought you and that guy, Luke were together, ever since the first day he came."

"What? Luke and I?" I questioned.

"Yeah, you two are always together and you always hold hands in the hall." The way Calum spoke, he just seemed so sure about Luke and I making me unsure how to respond.

"Luke while he's a nice person." Was that I said but honestly I could go on and write a five page essay about just his laugh. His beautiful, harmonious laugh that was my favorite sound.

"You do that thing." Calum stated as if he were observing me as a lab rate.

"Do what?"

"You do that thing when you say the other person's name. You think that your voice doesn't change but it does and you turned much more happy when I started to mention him. Also, your smiling like crazy."

I touched my face and realized that I was absentmindedly grinning, "And what makes you dignified as a crush expert?"

"I do that all the time when I talk about my girlfriend Mina." He was right, his tone and expression immediately turned brighter with just her name.

"Is she the girl that you were with at homecoming?" I pestered, remembering that I didn't recognize his date.

"That was her" He confirmed, "She goes to another school but some of her friends transferred here and that's how I meet her. Well actually, she came to one of my soccer practices and I might have accidentally hit in the face when I kicked the ball."

My mouth dropped open in shock but he didn't seemed to mind.

In fact, Calum just casually tossed the paper aside and closed his notebooks, "I think that if study anymore my brain will explode. Want to go to McDonald's with me instead and you can tell me all about how you secretly are infatuated with Luke?"

"I am not!" I protested, packing my school supplies back into my backpack.

Calum stood from the table, "Oh please, I see the way you stare at him, like he's your world and quite frankly, he does the same."

...

GUYS THE CHAPTER AFTER THIS NEXT ONE SOMETHING BIG WILL HAPPENED SO BE PREPARED.