Chapter Fourty Nine: Prom

"You look beautiful." And for the first time I felt really beautiful. I felt the confidence, the love for myself, I felt it all and it felt like renewal.

"Are you kidding? Have you seen yourself? Michael will be all over you tonight." I hugged my best friend, Ivy. Ever since her discharge from the hospital we have become even closer.

Stephen and Bradley had decided she should attend a few therapy sessions and although at first Ivy was horrified by the idea yet after a few meetings it seemed liked she really improved on herself.

"What are you talking about? Luke's going have to fend his way to keep from all those boys drooling!" We laughed at our bold statements.

Strange to think that two months ago, we were afraid to even make a comment about our looks but now here we were, confident, happy, and just feeling beautiful.

"I can't believe it's already prom." Ivy held the ends of her black lace dress while she crouched down to grab matching heels.

"I know, it's so strange that we won't be seeing each other everyday." I pushed back the thoughts of the unknown future, it was unknown for a reason waiting for me to lock it's secrets. But for now, I was focusing on the present. If I worried about the future, I'll forgot to live in the present, to make memories now.

A knock on the door signaled that someone was about to enter my room.

"Come in!" I greeted, putting on my dangling silver earrings.

"Hey, I'm about to head off but I just wanted to say I'll see you there." Lea enters in with a gorgeous blue studded dress. Her chestnut hair is curled to perfection and her makeup outline the edges in her cheeks nicely.

She hugged Ivy and and then me tightly, "And I just wanted to say you two look drop dead gorgeous."

I shook my head, "Not as gorgeous as you."

Lea playfully rolled her eyes, "Well I have to go. I'll see you soon sis?"

"Of course. I'll see you there. We have to take a picture!" I called out when she closed the door.

"I can't believe you two are so close now, it's amazing." Ivy commented after we heard the front door shut.

"I know huh? It's strange but time really does heal."

"Cayden! Ivy!" My stepmother calls out, "The boys are here!"

We quickly gathered out shawls and purses. We did one last make up check, put on our heels and went out to see the boys.

"I'm so nervous." Mikey parted his hair while staring at the large mirror in the living room. He did not notice we could see him as he was too busy concentrated on his looks.

"You look fine." Luke assured him patting his shoulder. His back was faced to us as well.

"Yeah, but tonight's special and I refuse to mes-" Mikey stopped halfway when he noticed us through the mirror.

Luke turned around to see the cause of his friend's reaction. His eyes immediately trained on me and his mouth dropped, not even trying to cover up.

Michael went toward Ivy and hugged her. He whispered something sweet to which she laughed and lovingly shoved him. She patted his hair to which he frantically parted again. They were in their own world but that was okay because I was too busy in mine.

"Hi." I greeted Luke to which he was still in awe, absorbing every feature of mine. I felt my cheeks redden but I couldn't help in indulge at the sight of him. If it was possible, his quiff seemed to be higher with volume, the black tux he adorned fitted his broad shoulders while he smelled on cinnamon and mint.