Chapter Forty Seven: Battle

WARNING IF YOU HAVE ANY SUICIDAL THOUGHTS PLEASE REFRAIN FROM READING THIS.

and just know that you are loved and you are strong :) I believe in you xx

...

Hospitals are arguably one of the most traumatizing places to land in.

The first time someone walks in to one of those facilities, they have the expectations they see on social media. That there is a lot death and oddly hot doctors.

But contrasted to reality, hospitals are nothing like the television. There are no dramatic secrets and screaming nurses instead the place where death and disease are common, is eerily calm.

And I didn't like it one bit.

"Are you okay?" Luke's hand immediately grabbed mine, the other was steering my car.

It still hasn't hit me at all that Ivy, the girl with radiant confidence, was in the hospital. She had shown no signs of ever being upset or hurt, in fact she always kept that mysterious smirk and had those witty comments that would take minutes before people understood.

"I don't know." I admitted. I was numb to think I could have lost my best friend and not even known what was happening.

"She will be okay, you know Michael will never let anything horrible happen to her." Luke said, turning into the parking lot.

My heart was beating out my chest by the time I got out of the car, it was beating faster when I entered the hospital, and by the time we found Michael and Steven and Bradley my heart was ready to pop out my chest.

"I- I almost los-lost her." Michael sobbed into my chest the minute I ran to hug him.

"It's okay Michael, you didn't though. She will be okay." I whispered, trying to believe in my own words.

"If I came a minute later, she would have been dead Cayden. Dead. M-my world would have cras-crashed." Michael let go, wiping the tears that just wouldn't stop failing.

I let Luke comfort him while I went to console Steven and Bradley.

There omnipresent smiles were turned to small frowns and their eyes were tired and worried and filled with nervousness.

"I always known she had problems dealing with her real parents but I always thought she was somehow okay and I thought she didn't need them, I should have known better." Steven wiped his wet cheeks as Bradley put his arms around him.

Luke and Michael went to get snacks and drinks down at the cafeteria for all of us, so I was just conversing with Bradley and Steven. They didn't tell me much but I didn't want to push knowing it would upset them more. I learned from experience, it's hard to deal with things that you don't fully understand or grasp.

When the boys did return, nobody touched their food and everyone remained silent, we didn't know what to say. An hour had dreadfully passed until a doctor reached us.

"Excuse me, are you the family of Ivy Grace?" Everyone immediately jumped up as Steven said, "We are her parents."

"Okay then will you two please come with me, I would like to discuss some important matters with you." The doctor lead the two to his office and as we watched the figures disappear, I felt my heart speeding up again.

What if she wasn't okay?

The thought sickened me to know that Ivy was hurt and I didn't do anything to know why or ask if she was okay, I just assumed she was happy. In a way, I blamed myself for this. I told myself that, maybe if I had actually took some time instead of worrying about my pathetic self and started to worry about others, that maybe Ivy would be fine.