Chapter Twenty Two: Pictures

"Luke, I don't think any of these pictures of are good." I bit my lip while I flipped through the photos I had been taking for the past hour.

We were still in the forest, a few miles from the secluded area. The weather was treating us quite nicely considering Washington was in a constant state of gloom. Although it was completely sunny, there were hints of light that dotted the ground. The wind was light and more animals seemed to appear, especially near Luke who would awkwardly smile at them, unsure of how to act toward them.

A blue jay nestled on Luke's shoulder while a small fawn I was trying to photograph, walked toward Luke to repeatedly nip at him.

"Stop that!" He whined while the deer picked at his front jean pocket. The doe looked questioningly at Luke and then continued on with its' previous actions. I giggled at the sight in front of me, aiming my camera to capture the moment.

Luke frowned at me, reminding of a five year old boy who would grimace when his mother tried to comb his hair for picture day, "This isn't funny Cay."

I looked up from my camera, an amused expression still plastered on my face, "Cay? You never called me that before." I snapped another shot, this time the bird seemingly trying to place kisses on Luke's check. But Luke wasn't having it as his head tried to distance himself from the avian.

"Sorry. I didn't mea- ow!" He shrieked as the blue jay pecked him with force this time, trying to get his attention. He glared at the pecker, "Stop that." But the bird duplicated its' actions, this time on his neck.

"Ow!" Luke shook his shoulders ensuing the bird to place itself on the head of the deer, who suddenly stopped jabbing at him. The two animals innocently looked at him and I laughed again, "Luke, they love you. Let them be."

"They only are attracted to my overly white clothes." He grumbled, unamused. I rapidly took another picture but with the two animals this time. I scrolled through my past three images to see how they looked. I grinned widely at the first one where Luke was staring at the adorable doe with the fowl aligned on his shoulder. It was my favorite one.

"Which one are you loo-oh my gosh. Not that one." He groaned. I glanced up to see that the animals no longer there and that Luke's head was on my shoulder, his body very close to mine.

"What? It's cute." I argued, swiping the camera away from his reaching arms.

He stared at me suddenly with an knowing smirk on his face, "You know you just indirectly called me cute."

My eyes widened while my cheeks were turning thirty degrees hotter, "N-No I didn't." All of sudden, my interest was severly on my camera.

"Yes you did." He countered back. I could practically hear the confidence in his voice and maybe, just maybe, I got a little nervous because of him, the kind you get when you see your crush which in this case was supposed to be Rylan.

Was it possible I liked both of them?

"Admit it." He wrapped his arms around me while I carefully put my camera back on its' stand Luke had brought.

"Admit what?" I asked, playing hard to get or at least tempting too. At the same time, I was setting up for my next photo, of sunlight piercing through the misty trees. It looked nice and I love the feeling of how light was seeping through darkness, it was comforting.

"Admit that you think I'm cute."

"I have no idea what you are talking about." I said, focusing on my set. Although, I was a tad bit rusty at this at the beginning, I found my pace and soon it was just like how when I was little. I didn't want to stop and honestly, with Luke being here with me I wanted to stay here forever.