Epilogue Part 1: Confession

"Oh honey, you look so beautiful." My mom sniffed, as she tried not to cry or else her make up would ruin.

"I can't believe you've grown up so fast." Silvia nodded, agreeing with my mother.

I widely smiled at them, trusting their words. I wasn't allowed to see what I looked like until I put on my dress.

"Is everything set?" I questioned, a bit of stress tensing my mind.

"Everything." Silvia replied, "Flowers are finished, the cater is here, and Lea and Ivy are helping with any finishing touches."

I let out a breathe that has been straining me for months now; I could I finally feel a bit at ease. That was until the nerves kicked in.

"How many hours?" I asked, feeling my palms shake and my legs tremble.

"About six." My mother grabbed my hands, "Stop shaking baby. Everything is going to be amazing, this your day."

"It's my day." I repeated as if that would somehow calm me down, "How is he?"

"He's just like you, a tad anxious." Silvia confirmed as she held up her phone, "Dave just texted me."

I nodded letting the two most important women in my life carry on the conversation. My mind was too jumbled to try to even comprehend what they were saying.

"I think I'm going to go for a walk." I blurted, immediately standing up. "I need it very badly."

The two looked at me and then at each other. They nodded, my mom handed me my phone.

"Only me gone for an hour at most." She warned with a stern tone.

I lightly laughed, "Mom, I'm twenty seven. I don't think I need to be told what to do anymore."

"I know honey, but you know how we both are." She gestured to her and Silvia. Silvia nodded while her hands were on her hips.

"Okay, okay." I put my hands up, "I promise I will be back soon."

"Good and please do not mess up your make up or else it will be another hour in that chair." Silvia playfully threatened but there was a hint of seriousness.

"Got it." I waved at them while I exited out of the door, out of the house.

The fall air brushed against my painted face. It wasn't bitter cold or extremely hot, but a nice, chilled day. There was hardly any fog covering the streets I grew up in and there was absolutely no signs of rain.

I found myself letting my feet take over. I did not have an exact location of where I wanted to be, I just wanted to let go.

Soon, the pavement started to turn into pine cones and dirt. The chirp of birds and the rustle of squirrels surrounded me.

I was in the forest.

I haven't been here for almost a decade. The last time I came here, I ended up crying on the floor, not finding what I craved.

I'm forgetting him.

It wasn't a choice. Everyday since, his blonde quiff or those sea blue eyes would suddenly become a fuzzy memory that I couldn't exactly trace back to its roots. I can't remember his voice or the way he use to smell. All I remember is that he was important to me. But sometimes I wonder if he was ever actually real.

Since he was gone, anything and everything associated with him vanished into thin air. Almost like a magician was playing a trick on me. No one could remember him and any photos of him were gone.

I stopped walking.

Even if I wanted to ever forget this place, I couldn't.

The vines that once refused to let me enter were now withered away. The area was clear. The two stumps were still in place. The trees surrounding seemed to be a greener shade then the rest of the forest. It was our place.