Chapter Forty Four: Her Angel

I'm going to be writing more because I need to finish this book! I really really want you guys to see the ending so bad!

...
Rains Inn on the corner of Fifth Street and South Mar, isn't a residency at all.

In fact, it's a rehabilitation center for people who had to deal with addiction.

Rains Inn provides therapy, treatment, and shelter for those who want a better life. Sometimes patients are there
for a few months but sometimes they are there for years.

Currently, Rains Inn held a woman name Lynnette Mary Thompson, also known as my mother.

My mom had dealt with addiction ever since she had lost her job. To make matters worse, my father's income was not helping to pay our extensive bills. Their small arguments soon turned into large scale wars.

Words a ten year old girl should never hear was spewed at each other with venom like no other, like they were trying to hurt their significant other.

Towards the final month of their marriage, my mother started to turn toward alcohol and drugs for comfort. They gave her a peace of mind, enough to escape her harsh reality. But what came with her relaxing fifteen minutes, was permanent damage.

My father knew about the drinking but never the drugs.

I could never tell him because one day, I caught my mom.

It was five days before my birthday and I wanted to show my mom this new dress I found in a catalog.

I remember tapping on her door over and over until I finally let myself in. I wish I had never done that.

I should have just let her be. My mind should have concluded that maybe my mom was tired and maybe she was taking a nap.

But I didn't leave her alone instead I found her back toward me, a white smoking coming from her head and the worse stench ever.

She never saw me though.

Before she could turn her heard, I bucked it out of her room. I was not entirely sure what she was doing but I knew enough that she was doing something good and I knew well enough if I told my father, there would be another battle that I could bare.

So instead of revealing to him what my mother was doing, I kept it. I kept the secret for a good solid two weeks. That was, until my father had found the pills and the substances. And then he lost it, he completely lost it.

That fight was the worse, even if it wasn't considered a real fight, because all he said to her was, "I'm leaving and in taking Cayden with me."

His voice held all the world's remorse, hurt, and anger. And in that simple sentence, I knew my family was over.

It would be a lie to say I was content with my father's proclaim. When in reality I was furious and disappointed that he wasn't helping her, that he just picked up his bags like a coward and left my mom to fend for herself.

But I didn't know until my dad's days is that the whole time we left, he was in contact with my mother. And that he was the one that paid for her treatment.

He wanted me to visit her but I couldn't.

I was terrified to say the least. It had been years since I last seen her.

What if she hated me? What if she turned to in absolutely completely different person? What if I ended up not liking her?

There were so many unanswered questions but the risk was too high. I ended up convincing myself that not knowing was better then knowing.