Chapter 103

Miles's POV

"Game the fuck on," I smirk as I park my car in front of Jacob's house. 

 I harshly close the car door behind me before my feet take me excitedly towards the large and heavy front door.

"Is Jacob here?" I ask like a five-year-old, but alarming his whole family that he's about to be beaten up doesn't seem like the best move.

"Yes, he's just upstairs." Helen smiles before adding, "happy birthday."

"Thanks." I wink at her and she gives me a kind smile before I rush up the stairs and find Jacob's room. 

My jaw clenches, my emotions change and my firsts ball by my sides. I open the door and see Jacob in there, without a care in the world, looking down at his phone beside his window.

"So you heard the news." He smiles at me while continuing to stare at his phone.

"Sure did." My balled first swings at him but I miss.

"Woah, what are you doing?" he takes a step back, but even though the surprise in his voice I can still see a small smirk threatening to take over.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I yell and he looks at the door behind me. I quickly close it and take a step closer, my old skool vans walking across his clearly freshly cleaned carpet.

"Throwing you a birthday party, an epic one." Jacob smiles, his blue eyes scanning my outfit.

"Maybe you should wear something else, you know . . . for the strippers." He says and I clench my jaw in anger.

"You fucking asshole." I shake my head with a smirk.

"Hayden is helping too, so you know it'll be amazing."

"Then I guess it's too bad if I don't show up," I smirk before turning around and starting to walk away.

"Yeah, that is too bad, Madison will be disappointed." He says and I stop in my tracks, turning around slowly to see a Jacob with a fucked up smirk.

"You fucking invited Madison?" I ask, my fists balled.

"Of course, I should get to see her too, shouldn't I? Since of course . . . if I even dare to approach her, I'll get my head smashed."

"You're right about one thing," I smirk and before Jacob can stop me this time, my fist collides with his jaw and he collapses onto the floor almost instantly. 

I grip my bruised fist tightly to stop the pain from emerging before turning on my heel and getting the fuck out of there with my phone by my ear.

Madison's POV

As I stare at a few missed calls from Miles I can almost sense when my phone will start to buzz again. I stare outside the window and at the light snow that reminds me of my first real date with Miles. 

Nothing else mattered at that moment, it was just me and him until I found out he accessed my phone while I was away, and almost instantly everything seemed to spiral out of control. How can something so chaotic be so beautiful? 

There's something about the darkness in him that always manages to capture me—all of me. I hear yelling outside and something being dropped right behind my door.

"Whoops!" Someone slurs and I'm immediately disgusted. 

Maybe I should have just said 'yes' to going with Stephanie and meeting her parents. But instead, I've chosen to be here, all alone, hoping Miles won't come knocking at my door and wanting to apologize. 

Because no matter how sweet his words were, I canðt bring myself to forgive him again and not this soon. I thought everything had changed, but again, Miles proved me wrong.

"Madison?" I hear a clam voice outside my door but I stay in my seat. And for a while, I pray it's not Miles but after the voice calls again, I know it's not him.

"Jacob," I say as I open the door, pulling the leg of my pajama pants down. 

Greeting Jacob in a tight white t-shirt and pink pajama pants that are up one leg and down the other doesn't seem fitting. Jacob looks at me up and down for a long second before meeting my eyes again with a smile. I would have worn something else if I hadn't cried over all of my clothes and having to borrow something of Stephanie's.

"You're coming tonight . . . right?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Coming where?"

"To Miles's party, I think it's illegal to miss his birthday party."

"He already had an early birthday party," I state, looking Jacob right in the eyes. He's so different from when I met him first on the train. His eyes were bluer and his smile was brighter, something about him has changed, or maybe I was just clueless about the real him all along. 

I look down at the floor before meeting his eyes again.

"We wanted to throw him a better one." He chuckles, looking to his right.

"Oh." Is all I can say. I have no interest in a party, I can barely think let alone dress up in something fancy and hope I won't bump into Miles.

"Oh come on," Jacob rolls his eyes playfully before looking back at me.

"Don't you want to see the action . . . the strippers with Miles?" Jacob jokes and I almost can't recognize him, maybe he really was like Miles all along. 

The last thing I want to see is Miles around girls dressed in almost nothing.

"I—" I try but nothing comes out. I gulp my words down, whatever they were going to be, and try to bite my lip to prevent my emotions from over flooding me again. The thought of Miles with dancers all around him makes my stomach churn.

"Did he, uh, did he want them there?" I ask, trying not to let Jacob hear the roaring inside of me—the roaring of hurt.

"He gets them every year." Jacob smiles and I feel a knife being jabbed right into my heart.

"Oh." Is all I can let out, I can't blame Miles for being who he is, all I can do is blame myself for falling for someone like him—for falling for him.

"You'll be there, right?" Jacob's eyebrows go slightly up as his blue eyes look into mine.

"I—"

"I'd love to see you there." He smiles and the way he does reminds me of our first kiss, it was at a party just like the one he's trying to convince me to go to. I push away darköbrown strands of hair before managing to look at him again.

"I'll think about it." I give him a small smile before attempting to close the door but he shakes his head.

"Listen, Madison, I know you're trying to avoid Miles but your dorm isn't the best hiding spot . . ." He says and I know he's right.

"And, having you at that party would be a better company than a drunk Hayden," Jacob says, his hands in the pockets of his blue jeans, the jeans that compliment his eyes so perfectly.

"Okay," I murmur.

"I'll come." I give Jacob a smile.