Chapter 136

My heart pounds as I slip into a long sleeve off-white top that shows my pearl necklace perfectly. My black leggings are tight against my thighs as I tug the sweater over my butt.

"You need to start showing off your body, girl," Stephanie comments as I turn around to look at her smiling at me.

"That's only for Miles to see." I smile, feeling the warmth on my cheeks appearing as the words leave my mouth. Miles is the only guy that has ever seen me—seen all of me. and just because he has, doesn't change me. My mother was wrong, he didn't take anything from me. 

I'm still the same Madison, with the same values, the same heart—the same everything.

"He's a lucky guy then." Stephanie jokes and I giggle before checking myself in the mirror one more time.

"Are you sure this is okay?" I ask, looking at my revealed neck.

"Are you kidding? There's no butt, there's no cleavage, there's barely anything your showing, if you're trying to convince them to let you date Miles, consider them convinced." Stephanie says and we both let out a laugh.

"You're fine, really," Stephanie says and I nod, letting out a deep breath that I didn't think I'd be able to let out.

"Are you nervous?" Stephanie asks as she sits on my bed, staring at me watching myself in the mirror.

"Very." I breathe shakily.

"You're going to be okay," Stephanie says but she doesn't know the situation, she doesn't know that Miles's dad has cancer, that he might pass away.

"I hope so." I smile, thinking more of Miles being okay than myself. I want to give him all the support he needs but I know I can't. I have no idea how he's feeling or what to say or do for him to feel better. Right now, I don't know how to move from here. I give Stephanie a smile, and just as I do, we hear a knock on the door.

"Miles." I smile, he gives me a small smirk. His eyes are brighter than they were yesterday in the car and his mood seems lighter somehow. His gaze is soft and so are his lips as all of his attention is on me.

"Ready to go?" He smiles, ignoring Stephanie completely.

"Hi, Miles," Stephanie says and he gives her a small smile, even though his eyes are fixed on mine, so fixed that nothing could break his intense stare.

"I'm ready." I smile and his smirks gets bigger, his teeth peek out of his mouth to bite at his lower lip.

"Great." He clenches his jaw, still smiling through.

Miles's POV

"I just have to get my purse," Madison says and I nod, biting my lower lip. Since when did she start bringing purses with? I tilt my head slightly as Madison bends down to reach whatever the hell kind of purse she'll e taking with. 

I bite harder at my lip as I watch the sweater she's wearing, riding up her back, revealing more of that ass she's so unwilling to show. My tongue starts to lick my lips as I watch her hand trying to pull down the sweater, but it barely covers her ass.

"So you can stare at Madison's ass but not say 'hi' to me?" Stephanie fires and I smile, without looking at her, enjoying Madison's ass before slowly turning to face Stephanie.

"Hello," I say, my tone raspy as I lick my lips. She stays still, not saying anything, and barely being able to keep eye contact, so quickly I look back at Madison who is now turned around.

"I'll need time with that ass later," I whisper to Madison whose eyes are now wide and looking at Stephanie who doesn't seem to have heard a thing.

"I'll be back tonight." Madison kindly smiles at Stephanie who gives her a nod and a smile before Madison leaves ut through the dor.

"No, she won't," I tell Stephanie, licking my lips and Stephanie rolls her eyes at me. Madison clearly didn't hear my comment, since she gives me the most innocent smile I've seen. I let my hand rest on her lower back as we start to walk down the hall. Her black and fully closer heels click against the floor beside my black old skool vans.

THE DRIVE TAKES almost an hour and we're still five minutes late for this stupid dinner. My phone is shoved into my pocket, this time, without the damned ring.

I can tell Madison is nervous. Her fingers are fiddling as she's staring at the large in front of her. 

The off-white bricks that the house is made off are all aligned with windows disrupting the perfect patterns. I open the car door and so does Madison. 

We step out of the Lamborghini and approach the weirdly designed house. The roof is dark brown which almost makes the whole house look like some kind of a breed between a fairy tale castle and a fucking stupid house. 

As we stand in front of the front door, watching the yellow lighting that is so visible from inside. 

I can so clearly see the expensive chandelier that lights up the damn place and the cooked food that tries to mask all the shit that has been put away for years. 

I'm thankful they live so far, but yet, it feels way too close. Madison knocks on the door and I ring the doorbell three times. She gives me a frown that I smirk through.

"Miles, Madison." My asshole of a dad smiles at us, attempting to look us in the eyes. And while Madison happily meets his, mine are facing the floor. 

The last thing I want to do is give this asshole the satisfaction of looking me in the god damned eyes.