Chapter 105

As I plug my phone in to charge I try to turn my phone on, but with no luck, I decided to leave it by the window. 

Ever since I met Miles everything has turned upside down and now, I finally have a chance to turn it back around. If I can get a glimpse of the true him tonight, my questions will be answered and I'll know which direction to turn to. 

I sit down at my small makeup table and grab a brown mascara that makes my lashes much longer than my own and as I apply it, I notice just how much it compliments my hazel eyes. I lightly cover my face befoe adding light and dark eye shadow and light pink lipstick. 

Getting myself ready like this somehow brings me back to when I first really met Miles, it started off with Chrissy and me getting ready, and then his eyes took everything in. 

He looked at her and then at me, but there was always something about the way his eyes lingered just a little longer on mine than they did hers. 

And even though I didn't see it then, I see it now. 

All of this time, there was something more he was hiding behind those dark eyes, and yet, only now, I truly know just what those eyes were hiding. And Miles's black book only proves his words. 

I grab my hairbrush and using Stephanie's curler, I curl my hair slightly to make my hair wavy. Ever since I was a child, there was always something about having waves in my hair that made me feel like I was at the beach—at Santa Monica. And that's exactly where I've wanted to end up ever since.

"Madison?" I hear Jacob's voice sounding from behind the door. My stomach starts to churn and I open the door slightly.

"Ready to go?" he asks and I raise a brow.

"I—" I don't know what I was going to say, but Jacob stops me before I can figure it out.

"I thought we'd go together." He says, biting slightly at his lip.

"If you have a ride, that's fine too." He smiles but I shake my head.

"No . . . I—I don't have a ride." I smile and he nods.

"Perfect."

"I'll be right there, I just have to get dressed." I smile, biting my lips slightly.

"Oh, okay." Jacob nods and I close the door on him, hoping to quickly get dressed. 

I quickly take off my shirt and leggings before grabbing the dress, adjusting my black laced bra and matching underwear before slipping into the dress and putting Stephanie's sparkly silver heels on. With one last check in the mirror, I open the door to Jacob smiling.

"You look . . . perfect." He says, licking his lips slightly as his blue eyes stare into mine. I smile, thanking him and before I know it, we rush to his car.

"Oh, no," I say as soon as I sit down and close the door.

"What's wrong?" he shakes his head, his bright blue eyes scanning over my features carefully.

"I forgot my phone," I say, almost frantic, knowing that Miles still thinks I've forgiven him. The last thing I want to do is tell him the truth in person—The last thing I want to do is see him.

"Do you need to reach someone?" he asks, his eyes slightly closed, as if he's thinking of Miles too.

"No." I smile and put my seatbelt on before glancing at the time on the dashboard. I still have twenty minutes, and getting the phone would only take more time.

"It should be fine." I smile and he nods.

"If you're sure." He smiles and reverses out of the parking lot.