Chapter 132

Miles's POV

I clench my jaw as I feel my feet take me toward the large window. 

I look at the light snow blanketing the roads. I reach out for a thick glass before pouring the light-brown liquid from my whiskey bottle in. 

I take a sip of the foul liquid that burns everything in t's path as it runs down my throat and into my empty stomach. I watch as a small grey car parks right below the window. 

The pavement is lightly paved with snow but as the rain falls down, the snow slowly starts to disappear. My eyes focus on the car I recognize. 

I take another sip of the harsh liquid as I watch Madison step out of the car, a smirk appears on my face as I watch her closing the door behind her and the grey car driving off. 

I quickly shove Madison's envelope into one of my shelves, the bloodstains from my hand seem almost fitting, considering what the money was for. I take one last gulp of the whiskey-trying to numb down the hatred I have for myself for what I did to her—to the only girl I'll ever love.

Madison's POV

I look up at the large window on the second floor that peers right into Miles's bedroom. I notice the darkness coming from the room and as I approach closer, I notice a figure but before I can make out its face, it's gone—it's gone into the darkness. 

I look down at my feet to collect myself. I still don't know why I asked Stephanie to drop me off here, but after everything in the hotel room, all I wanted to do was see Miles. 

I glance around me at the darkness around the house, the sky is still bright but everything around me feels dark somehow. 

The trees are large and swaying above me with no control and soon, the wind sways through my dark-brown hair, and as I watch it fly around in the wind I notice that same figure standing on the doorstep.

"Madison." He smiles, his pink lips the perfect contrast to his darkness. He has a small black diamond earring in his ear and I can't help but stare at the perfection in front of me. His eyebrows narrow and so do his eyes as soon as I approach him. I give him a small smile which he returns quickly.

"I should have dropped you off, instead of that whore." He says through his alcohol enlaced breath. Even though I'm still not fully used to Miles's bad words, I'm starting to be more immune to them.

"Have you been drinking?" I ask and he smiles.

"Just a sip." He quickly answers with a smirk before adding, "I'm sorry that Stephanie had to drop you off." He says with a small smile as he looks at the snow on my black heels.

"How did you—" I stop myself, remembering that the figure in the window was him, everything dark is Miles, it always has been and always is. Miles holds his thumb between his teeth, his lips parted as he looks down at my shoes with a small smile. He slowly looks up at me, his tongue folded between his teeth.

"I'd like to see those heels on the floor like they were in the hotel room." He smirks and I bite at my lip, unsure of what to say, but before I can say anything, I see Valentina behind him. She gives me a kind smile and I return her kind gesture.

"Miles? What will you have for dinner?"

"Madison." He whispers while looking right into my eyes, his dark hazel hypnotizes me and for a second I forget what he just said. 

Valentina doesn't seem to hear anything he just said and I stand there, completely still, not being able to process the amount of electricity rushing through me all at once, taking me in like a wave of some kind, like the whole ocean absorbing itself into my body. 

Miles smirks at my frozen self before saying, "No dinner tonight, we're uh . . . we're going out tonight." Miles smiles even though Valentina can't see him. She gives a nod toward our direction before entering the kitchen again.

"Quick shower and we'll go." He says, slightly wide-eyed with a smirk.

"Oh . . . okay." Is all I can say. I'm still frozen with the electricity in me but I slowly step inside. Miles has now made his way upstairs and as I follow hesitantly behind him, I end up meeting with Valentina's eyes. 

She gives me another smile and I give her one back. I notice a blue rag in her hand and with another smile, she starts to clean the kitchen island.

"Is there anything I can do to help you?" I ask, biting my lip, hoping to hold myself away from the awkward feeling swaying over me.

"Oh, no. Thank you, you're always so kind, Miles is lucky to have you around." She smiles and I nod before she continues to focus her attention on the island. 

I glance around and with nothing but awkwardness filling me, my feet take me upstairs, hoping Miles's quick minute shower is going to be quick but when I reach the very top, nothing but an empty hallway greets me, and of course, the sound of shower water dripping harshly down followed by steam coming from underneath one of the doors. 

My eyes glance to the only door that's open—Miles's bedroom. I glance around the empty room before sitting down on Miles's black silk sheets. I hear a small bell ringing and it takes me a few seconds to realize that it belongs to a collar, and more specifically, a kitten. 

It meows and slowly enters Miles's bedroom which makes me wonder how often it finds Miles in this huge house. The kitten continues to meow before reaching my legs, cuddling itself against them and purring. 

The cat has gotten bigger since I last saw her but its eyes are still as blue as before. I squeal a little too loudly as I pick it up and cuddle it to my cheek.

"Madison?" Miles rushes inside, his towel wrapped tightly around his torso. My eyes go wide and I feel the electricity rushing back inside of my body. 

He smirks at the sight of the kitten in my hands. It purrs before loosening itself from my grip and jumping onto the bed next to me, walking with its paws onto my legs.

"It's so cute." I smile at the kitten.

"It is actually her." Miles smirks.

"I haven't gotten a name for her yet, but um, I'm working on it." He smiles and I nod.

"How about Memphis?" I suggest, looking up at Miles who gives me the 'Miles' smile.

"I think that's perfect." He says and I nod.

"Now, uh, I'll get dressed." He says and I nod. He grabs a t-shirt from his drawer and before I can say anything more he escapes the room. 

I hear the bathroom door close and before I can make up my mind, I take the kitten off my lap and stand up, trying to brush off any cat hairs, but as I do. 

I notice something white sticking out from one of Miles's drawers. The harsh paper draws me in, and the closer I get, the harsher the texture looks until I get close enough to see what looks like blood splatters on the white of the paper.

"Ready?" Milels' voice startles me and I jump up, quickly turning around with the paper still in my head.

"Oh, uh, yeah." I smile.