Chapter 115

After walking around the mall for almost an hour, I've finally managed to get Miles out of my head as Jace and I walk into a store with every item made out of glass.

"What do you think of this?" I ask Jace who looks at me perplexed before taking a better look at the snowglobe in my hands. The couple standing in the middle, watching the snowfall inside the globe.

"It's cool, but not something I'd imagine your mom would like," Jace says and my eyes go wide for a split second.

"It's not for my mom," I say quietly.

"Then for who?" he asks and I look around, only to see no one around us which calms me down just a little.

"Miles," I admit and his features turn hard.

"Come on Madison, really?" He huffs, letting his hands fall lazily to hit his sides.

"I—" I can't say anything.

"You know how much I despise the guy . . ." Jace chuckled in defeat before continuing, "I thought this trip was for us, and all this time it was for him. You dragged me along to get something for him?"

"I can't believe you, Madison." He sighs, his eyes barely looking into mine now.

"Jace." I attempt but he shakes his head.

"Just like everything—everything is about him and it has been since you met him, you let us go for someone like him!" Jace breathes.

"If I would have known this trip was for him, I would have never come," Jace says and I bite at my inner cheek, trying to hold in the hurt.

"I don't know what you like Madison, I tried to be myself, you didn't like it, I tried to be more like Miles and you didn't even notice me—" I stop him.

"It's because it's not you, it's him. It's not who you can make yourself be, it's who he is. And I'm sorry. If I could choose, I'd choose you but I can't, it's not that simple."

"You can." His face lights up with hope and his eyes almost glimmer.

"But If I let my heart talk, it'll always talk about him," I say and his face almost instantly falls.

"I'm sorry Jace, I really am."

"'Sorry' doesn't fix my heart," Jace says and I gulp.

"I'll see you when I see you, Madison." He exhales finally and turns on his heel and slowly walks out of the store as I stare at the back of his neck.

"Can I help you, miss?" A woman at the cash register asks and I shake my head before realizing that my feet are ready to step out of the store with the snowglobe in my hands.

"Oh, uh, yeah," I say with as big of a smile as I can muster.

Miles's POV

After finishing up the batter, burning my fingers at least twice on the waffle iron, everything is finally set on the table. The potatoes Angela was marinating are set in the fridge and I'm finally able to take a breath.

Just as I'm about to ask her if we're finally done, Madison walks in through the door with something in her hands that I can't see, she quickly puts it into a pink bag and slowly walks over to the kitchen, leaving the bag by the door which reminds me to shove the ring I've been staring at for the last fifteen minutes in my back pocket.

Her face looks fallen and I clench my jaw, hoping that, that Jace guy didn't do anything again.

"Is everything okay?" Her mom asks before I can. I stand there silent, my eyes scanning her face.

"Yeah, of course." She musters a smile. Her mom might not see it, but I do. Something is wrong. I give her a small smirk before licking my lips slightly and when her mom turns around, I grab her ass.

She chuckles and her mom quickly turns around only to see my jaw clenched and hand resting on her lower back. I smile and before I know it, we're sitting at the table, eating whatever lunch my burnt fingers made.

I want to bring up her fallen face but now it, not the time.

"Merry Christmas lunch." Her mom says and I can tell Madison's features have started to soften, she must have forgotten whatever happened to make her face fall in the first place.

"Merry Christmas." I speak and both of them smile, Madison rests her hand on my thigh and repeats the words to me, "Merry Christmas."

We each take a waffle onto our plate and somehow I feel at peace—the most peace I've felt in a long time.

"Miles helped make all of this." Angela complements and Madison gives me a sweet smile.

"After lunch, we'll go tochurch," Angela says and I gulp.

I've never been inside a church for a mass or whatever the hell they do in there, and Ihave no interest in going.

Eeekk!! Thank you  worldofLala for writing fan fiction about Madison and Miles (warning: explicit)

Eeekk!! Thank you  worldofLala  for writing fan fiction about Madison and Miles (warning: explicit)

And alycalypsa made these amazing banners!!
What do you guys think? Would you watch TPS on netflix?

And alycalypsa made these amazing banners!!What do you guys think? Would you watch TPS on netflix?