Chapter 40

Al's Point of View

" Hello ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to start with laying down a couple of rules. Firstly, if you do have a mobile phone please leave it switched on, keep yourselves entertained. And secondly, if anyone texts you any good jokes, could you please forward them to me"I joked as everyone laughed.

"This hotel means a lot to me. I usually don't buy full companies. I usually just buy a percentage of your company, help you get your shit together, and make you pay me back my money"

As everyone laughed again I gave David the nod to start passing out glasses. I tried to spot out Hannah. When I didnt see her immediately I started to worry thinking she was hurt or something but I soon found her standing next to one of the girls from her art group, and Blondy. She was looking right at me smiling, and that gave me the signal to keep going.

"On a serious note. Buying this hotel helped me a lot. A few months ago I said to myself, if I can buy this hotel then I can buy anything, yes it's cliche shut up, it was the truth. Now I know I can invest and buy more meaningful things. Such as more retirement homes, homeless shelters, more hospitals and maybe even build one of my own. I can do all these things with your help, or your money's help but you get the point. When you book a room here, when you take a look at it, know that it is not just a hotel, it's a family. It's a legacy, that you all could be apart of. You can book a room at Hotel Crossroads original building, way down there in New York, or you could come to one of its other locations, out here, one just down the street actually, Whichever one you go, it doesn't matter, just keep in mind that when you step into that building you are continuing a legacy and helping many people. Now pick up your glass and drink with me. No there's no toast, my throat is dry from all this talking."

I said grabbing the glass of wine David gave me and taking a sip as everyone else did the same.

″Okay, now this one is a toast. A toast to Legacy. This hotels legacy that will live on and on" I announced lifting the glass,

″TO THE LEGACY"

"TO THE LEGACY" Everyone shouted and drunk the wine.

I hopped off the stage and made my way to David and Mickey

″You did good kid" Mickey said patting my back as I met up with him.

"Thanks My speechwriter is a natural, he should have just went up there and did it."

″Nah, like usual, you added your own fucking twist in it. Talking about This hotel helped me and bullshit I didnt write that asshole"

″Well, I wanted to make it believable so I had to. I went along with everything else, and you don't see anyone else complaining do you? Where's Hannah?"I asked looking around the room. But it didnt takes long to find her since she was already making her way to me.

"You did amazing baby"

″Thank you, angel. I have to talk to some people first, I just wanted to make sure you and little tacilla were ok" I answered, rubbing a hand on her belly

″You know we're not naming the baby that right? so you can stop trying"

″Why not? Tacos and Lilliana. Your middle name and tacos. That's a perfect match."

″No, it's not, its sounds like fake Italian. I was thinking rosy for a girl, and maybe Caden for a boy"

"I like Caden. Caden Kai Capone"

"Wait does that mean we're getting mar..."

″Shhh, I gotta go, I love you"

"But my feet hurt and I want to go home"