Chapter 19

Hannah

Is this what all the other assistants had to go through? All of this stupidity? Or am I just special?

After they walked out, everyone went back to eating like nothing ever happened.

"No way am I gonna sit here. I'm going to demand answers." I say, picking up my purse and walking out of the restaurant.

They hadn't managed to get that far so I catch up quickly.

"David Beckett and Micheal Capone, stop walking right fucking now!"

They stop walking and turn around. I was surprised they even heard me, let alone listen. But now that I had this authority, I was not going to let it go that quickly.

"Bring your asses here!"

Nice Hannah!

They begin walking towards me until they are standing in front of me. I fold my arms.

"Why? Why did you embarrass me in front of all those people?"

David points to Micheal, "It was Mike."

Micheal shakes his head and points to David, "It was David."

"Oh, shut up! I don't want that crap. Why did you have to do that? I was having a peaceful date until you came in and ruined it. Do you know that was my first date in almost eighteen months? Eighteen freaking months Micheal! Oh, and David, just you wait until I tell Jules about this little stunt! You can forget all about you and her now!"

David puts his head down at the mention of Jules and Micheal begins laughing.

I turn to him with a glare, "You're worse than him! At least he's always an idiot! You're only sometimes. You should be ashamed of yourselves."

David laughs at Micheal this time and I face both of them. "Don't I deserve an apology?" I ask, throat hurting.

I needed to end this lecture because I was beginning to lose authority as I stared at Micheal. Wow, he looked good even when I was mad at him.

"Sorry." They reply in sync.

"Good, now get out of my sight."

David gives me a small hug before getting into his car. Micheal is about to do the same but I stop him.

"David, you can go. He's not going with you."

He doesn't waste anytime and drives off. I pull Micheal by the arm in a nearby alley where I knew we wouldn't be seen.

Micheal

"Brick, why? You already knew I had a date. Why couldn't you just let me live my life? All for some stupid ego, huh?"

I glance at her and see she is genuinely hurt. I definitely didn't plan for it to end this way. I just wanted to expose that son of a bitch, who tried to steal my woman. I have to say it was funny, though. I would have to give David his props next time I saw him.

"Look, sweetheart, I didn't just do it for my ego. Believe me, it was a big part, but it wasn't just for that."

"Then why did you do it?"

Dammit, now it's confession time.

"I like you or whatever." I finally admit.

"Micheal, please stop trying to make me feel better or whatever games you're playing right now. Tell me the truth."

"Hannah, I'm not playing around. I like you."

She starts to squint her eyes like she was trying to decipher something. Once she has found it, she begins smiling.

"That's not why you did it though."

"Yes it is. I like you, like a lot. That's why I did it. I was jealous, and it was fucking with me."

I exhale a deep breath at finally saying it aloud. Before I can say anything more, she jumps in my arms.

"Yes!"

She wraps her legs around me and I hold her in surprise. "Woah."

She kisses my cheek and says, "I like you too."

"I know. Who wouldn't? I mean, this face and this personality, what more do you need?"

"Oh shut u-" she is cut off when her phone begins ringing from inside her purse. She takes it out and I take it from her hands.

"Whoever you are, she's with someone important, which you are not, so stop calling." I say, and Hannah hits my shoulder.

"Okay, whatever. Can you tell David to call me as soon as possible?"

I roll my eyes when I hear blondy's voice.

It's not fun when you know the person.

"Yeah, I guess. Why?"

"None of your business. I have to get back to work." She replies and hangs up.

Hannah hits me again and gets down. "Don't do that anymore, Micheal." She says with a glare.

"Shiver me timbers. I know not to cross the all mighty Hannah Brown anymore." I reply sarcastically and her glare only grows.

Fucking adorable.

"I have to go home. I'm very tired, so if you don't mind I'm taking a taxi and leaving."

I shake my head and start walking to my car.

"Hell no. I will drop you off. Come on." 

Thankfully, she cooperates and follows behind me.

"Fine. Only because I don't want to pay for another taxi."

Hannah

"Thank you for the ride, bye!"

"Wait, little lady. You don't get to walk off that quickly. Don't I get a reward for admitting a big thing like that?" Micheal asks with a smirk.

"Fine, just one."

Once I open the car door, I grab my purse and make a run for the front door. Once I lock the front door, I open the second transparent door as Micheal stares at me with a grin.

"You sneaky woman."

"Thank you very much." I reply with a smile. "Now can I go to bed?"

"Alright, I'll let you go." He says, walking back to his car.

"Night Hannah!"

"Night, Micheal!" I reply before closing the door.

~~~

I get a text from Micheal just as I am about to put my phone away.

Micheal:

Be ready by 10. We're going on a date.

Me:

Wait, really? Where?

Micheal:

Just be ready, Hannah. I'll see you tomorrow.

Me:

Okay!