Chapter 22

Hannah

After the second date, Micheal and I have been going on more and more dates. Every now and then he would come over and stay up with me until three or four in the morning. We mostly spoke about small subjects, never getting into serious subjects. Sometimes Michael brought by board games for us to play and everytime he was bringing something he made a different beat on the door than he did when knocking normally.

I roll my eyes as Jules stares at me expectantly.

"So?" She asks

"What?"

"Are you guys official?"

"No. I don't think he's ready for a girlfriend. Especially not with someone like me."

"You're gorgeous and have a great personality, who wouldn't want to be your boyfriend?"

"No, it's not just that. It's my past, Jules. I have baggage. Baggage that affects who I am that no one should have to deal with."

"Hannah, you're stressing too much about this. It's not like you're walking down the aisle already. So just don't push it. Have fun, you know?"

I sigh, knowing she isn't going to understand I decide to just drop the subject. "I'll try. I have to get to work, so  I will see you when I get home okay?"

"Alright, think about what I said!"

"I will, bye!" I reply and leave the face time.

I go back to my desk and for the remainder of the day I think about our conversation. I thought about it so much I was barely able to get any work done. I was already an over thinker so this didn't help at all.

I was planning on talking to Micheal, but I don't see him all day. I assume it is because he was working with Selena on a hotel he is trying to invest.   I didn't like Selena and that was another thing that was getting to me.

She had absolutely no reason to dislike her as I had never even spoke to the woman, but for some reason my blood boiled at the mention of her.  I felt terrible about feeling like that but I couldn't help it. Maybe it was because she was always touching my man who wasn't actually my man. At every chance she got she touched him and flirted with him. It infuriated me.

I go to the break room to try to distract myself from the thoughts in my head. As I am fixing a cup of coffee, Kieth walks towards me.

"Hey, Hannah." He says, handing a muffin to me.

Kieth was one of my coworkers, except he worked in a different department as me, meaning I rarely saw him.

I accept the muffin and half smile, "Hi."

"How are you doing today?"

"I'm great. What about you?"

"Actually," He begins and scratches his head with one hand as he pulls his phone out with the other, "I was going to ask if you had a boyfriend. If not-"

"She does. She's mine, so get your scrawny ass on." A familiar voice replies and I jump slightly.

″What the-"

Once the person places their arms around my waist I immediately know who he is. I smile to myself as Kieth begins fidgeting with his fingers.

"Oh um sir, I'm so sorry. I had no idea she was t-"

"Why the fuck are you still standing here?" Micheal asks and Kieth hurriedly walks off.

He turns me around to face him and I look up at his pretty brown eyes. The sun from the mirror was reflecting on his face, making him look gorgeous.

"Why the hell are you talking to him?" He mumbles with a frown.

"I don't have anyone to talk to since you were gone all day if you must know. Why did you have to be so mean to him though, Brick?"

"You're sticking up for him?"

"No, you know I don't want him. I'm just saying you don't have to be so freaking mean, you know? Nevermind, I don't want you to get mad at me."

He holds my chin in his hand and kisses me softly before speaking, "No, I get it. I'll try to stop getting so jealous alright? I want to to try for you, Hannah."

I smile and get out of his hold. As I turn my face away to hide my blush he pulls my waist closer to him and laughs, "I can see you blushing, love.

I roll my eyes, "Shut up no you didn't. That was an hallucination." Leaning forward, I grin. "Does that mean you and I are, you know?"

"What?"

"Does it mean that you and I are official? Like in a relationship?"

"Yeah I guess."

I scoff, "You guess? Wow there wasn't much excitement in that."

He lifts my chin once again, so I am eye level with him. After staring at me for a moment as if he is trying to figure something out, he lets go of me and backs away. Picking up a muffin from the basket, he gets on one knee and pretend it is a ring.

"Micheal what the h-"

He wipes a fake tear away before speaking, "Hannah Brown, also known as woman with an amazing ass-"

"No one calls me that, Michael."

"Shush, I'm popping the question, Hannah."

I laugh and he continues, "Hannah Liliana Brown will you be my beloved girlfriend?"

I wipe away fake tears and smile. Jumping up and down I squeal, "Oh my gosh, yes! A thousand times yes!" I reply accepting the muffin. 

"Thank goodness!" He replies and lifts me up, twirling me around as he fake cried.

I laugh, staring to feel dizzy, "Alright you can put me down now, Michael."

He sets me down gently and looks down at me with a smirk, "Was that better, sweetheart?"

"Yes, smart ass."

"Good. Now give me a kiss." He responds with a smile.

I stand on my tippy toes to try to reach him as he stares at me in amusement. After a minute I groan, "A little help please."

He lifts me up, and I wrap my legs around his waist. Micheal was the only person who I could slightly stand holding me. He leans down and smiles in between the kiss. Holding my butt, he deepens the kiss as I wrap my arms around his neck. A moan escapes my lips and I decide we better stop.

He frowns after I pull away, "What? Why did you stop?"

"Because we could get caught."

Get a load of this guy am I right? And he calls me a freak.

"Alright, my place or yours?"

"Aww, we can say that now can't we? I guess we should go to yours. Jules is not going to be at home and I don't want to be lonely, so yes. Let's go to your house."

"Cool, I'll cook."

"You can cook?"

"I don't know, we'll just have to find out, won't we?"