Part 57

CLARKE:

I woke up in my makeshift bed and right away my head started aching horribly. I turned my head and found Octavia with her back against me.

"How did I get here?" I asked confused. The last thing I remembered was the cold ground embracing my body, and then I wake up in my bed. Did I walk back?

"Wilim ran after you and carried you back after you blacked out" she explained. She stood bent over a few things that previously belong to Bellamy. A couple of t-shirts, a walkie-talkie, a gun a backpack, and a jacket. That jacket.

*FLASHBACK*

"What are you doing out here?" His voice is hushed and dark, but still a very comfortable sound that I've grown used too.

"Can't a girl look at the stars without being questioned?" I replied which made him roll his eyes.

"Knock yourself out" he said and sat down by a log next to the fire. Camp was quite, since most people had gone to bed, but some people were still roaming around. Sleep didn't come easily for some of us. Bellamy and I included.

"Do you miss it?" I asked out of the blue, looking up towards the place that was once my home.

"Miss what?" He asked.

"Being on the ark, being safe"

"Clarke Griffin, are you trying to have a heart to heart conversation with me?" He mocked me as he smirked. I laughed at his ridiculous reply. I knew it was hopeless. Like Bellamy would ever tell me anything going on in his mind or anything related to emotions.

"No, you see that would require you actually having one" I fired back at him and he laughed at my comeback.

"Look at us, getting along" he smirked at me and I scolded him humorously.

"Yeah, we should braid each other's hair and make matching bracelets"

"Hmm, wouldn't go that far...I still want to kill you most of the time" he said, but I could sense from the tone of his voice that he was joking. Partly at least. I rolled my eyes at him.

The wind threw another fit and the goosebumps became visible on my skin.

"You cold?" He asked.

"Ehm-," before I could answer properly, he stood and shrugged his jacket off before placing it around me. The warmth felt amazing, but the fact that he even worried about me freezing felt weird.

"Thank you" I looked up at him and our eyes connected for a moment too long.

"Eh, no problem" he smiled slightly, almost shyly. No, I'm probably just imagining things. Bellamy wasn't the shy type. He was the overly cocky one. "I'm gonna go to bed" he said.

"Oh, okay" I started shrugging his jacket off my shoulders but he stopped me.

"Just keep it till the morning or something" he started to back away. "Cant have you freezing to death" he winked. "Good night, Clarke"

"Good night, Asshole" I replied but he was already too far away to hear.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"What are you doing?" I asked Octavia. My voice was raspy and weak. I lifted myself up on my elbows and ignored the headache that appeared as I did so.

"I'm packing his stuff" she simply replied.

"What? No-," my voice came out rushed and pathetic. She turned to look at me.

"Clarke, it's been months" her voice appeared stronger than mine, more determined. I didn't realize it had been that long. The days blended into each other and became just an endless line of hours without him.