Part 28

CLARKE:

We ran out and found the camp in complete chaos. Everybody were running nowhere and everywhere, without purpose. Two guys were carrying another guy who had been shot. I ran over to meet them and helped him into the dropship.

"What happened?!" I asked one of the guys.

"The woods is shooting us" he said hysterical and in shock.

"What do you mean 'the woods is shooting us'?" Bellamy said, entering the ship, walking slower than he usually would because of his death episode. I hated that there was always a new problem. An obstacle always working against us. Bellamy should rest, and I wouldn't mind some free time either. 

"There is no one out there, but the bullets kept coming" the other guy interfered.

Bellamy and I looked at each other, not knowing what do do. We weren't prepared for this.

"You think they came early?" the guy asked us.

"I think they've been here all along." Bellamy said, as we both realized.

"Fighting back isn't a dumb way to die, if you fight for something worth fighting for, Princess" he continued.

I smiled and nodded at him slightly as an approval. We ran out of the dropship together, side by side, as leaders. As fighters.

"Gunners to your posts! Shot anyone who pose a treath! Time to fight back!" Bellamy yelled. The crowd had calmed down to hear him speak. His voice high and powerful filled the air with courage and fearlessness. They all punched their fists up in the air and screamed like warriors. The gates were closed as they should and the gun fireing from the woods had stoped. For now. All we did now was wait. Wait for the next attack and we would be ready. I left to pick up a gun and run for my post when someone grabbed my wrist and dragged my into a tent. It was Bellamy.

"What are you doing?" I asked surprised.

"I don't want to fight knowing I could die, leaving things this way."

"You don't die, Bellamy. Remember?" I said mockingly, to mostly reassure myself that he would be fine.

"Everybody dies, Clarke" he said sneering.

"Yeah, some day. Not today, though" I smiled at him.

"I'm sorry, Clarke. For what I've put you through."

I didn't really understand what he meant. If it was one thing I knew, it was that Bellamy had made earth survivable for me. I don't think I would have made it without him. Sure, he was stupid, regardless and irresponsible, and really self centered, but he saved us all. He saved me.

"What are you talking about? Bell, I wouldn't of survived here if it weren't for you" I said, taking a step towards him.

"Your right" he agreed, obviously joking.

"Asshole" I laughed, punching him lightly in his shoulder. He caught my hand and drew me in close. This was terrible timing, but I couldn't help it. My knees felt weak and my heart beat raised.

"But seriously though, ever since I almost died, things haven't been the same between us. That experience changed us. I changed us. And I hate that. I didn't want anything to change." He whispered.

"Nothing's changed between us, Bell" I said reassuring. "I still hate you" I smirked.

"Of course you do" He said ironic, as he shook his head and beamed back at me. I could never get enough of that smile. In a world like this, I think we had all learned to appreciates the little things, like for example, a smile. The way he looked at me made me forget that there even was a world out there. 

"We should probably get ready. These bullets ain't gonna shoot themselves." I said, and pointed at my gun. He grabbed his walkie talkie and put his lips against it. "Anything, Jasper?" 

"No sign of people at all" he answered. Then Bellamy put his walkie down and grabbed my waist. "Then we have some time" he whispered right before his lips met mine. I had really longed for his lips without being awear of it. When his hands steadied my body, they also steadied me mentally. When his lips touched mine, he didn't just make my mind run crazy, he also soothed my soul. I don't even think he knew he did it, but he fulfilled me. Our lips moved slowly against each other, taking their time to really feel and taste one and other. 

"I love you, Bellamy Blake" I whispered against his lips once we parted. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, like he sucked the words inside. 

"Ohmygod, you have know idea how much I wanne say 'Who doesn't?' right now." he said senselessly, like it pained him not to. Bellamy Blake. The one and only. I looked at him stunned and bemused, but I couldn't help smiling. This was who he was and I loved him. Then we were interrupted by Jaspers voice in the walkie talkie. "Movement has been spotted." We both ran out with our guns. I was on my way to my station and Bellamy was running towards his. We were maybe 8-9 meters away from each other when I hear him scream through the crowd, accessible for everyone to hear. "I LOVE YOU TOO, PRINCESS." he yelled from where he stood, with the widest grin glued to his face when he saw my cheek was turning red, but I couldn't stop smiling.  People were smiling too but still focused on the other side of the gate. Then a girl yelled "There!" as dark shadows crossed between the trees. Bellamy raised his voice and scream with force "FIREEEEEE!" and gunshots filled the air as the crowd listened. 

This was war.

Hello!

I hope you like todays update! I love to get feedback and comments so if there's anything you want to say, don't hasitate! 

Remember to check out my new story DENOUEMENT if you love romance, comedy, mysteries and surprises! It's a teen fiction, and I am really excited for it and would love to get more reads and feedbacks! Hope you check it out! 

And thank you so much for reading as always! I am forever greatful <3

xoxo