Part 44

CLARKE:

"oh my god" I whispered as I let out the breath I had been holding without me realizing it. Octavia covered her face with her hands and sighed frusturatedly. I stared at the ground. I didn't know what to do. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. 

"Clarke," Octavia said, almost like a plead. I looked up at her for a moment before I shifted my eyes a different direction. My mind was blank. I had nothing. I sat down on my makeshift bed as I thought of what to do, something to say or anything, really. 

"Does Jasper know?" I ask quietly, because I had to say something. Octavia looked at me with something I can only associate with as guilt. She ran her fingeres through her hair uneasily, and licked her lips nervously. 

"Octavia, you have to tell him" I said, and stood back up. She can't seem to meet my eyes, and it started to bug me. "Hey, look at me!" I whisper-yelled as I snapped my finger. "He needs to know." She shook her head lightly and looked into my eyes, intensely. 

"He can't know, Clarke" she said silently. 

"What do you mean 'he can't know'?? He'll figure out eventually! If you didn't know, it will show after some time!" I was frusturated. Didn't she understand the seriousness of the situation? Her eyes started to water. It was so different seeing Octavia Blake this way. She was always so tough and fearless that seeing her like this actually made me really worried. 

"You don't get it," she started to whisper, her eyes focused on the ground. "Jasper and I never," her voice trailed off as she suppressed a sob. 

Wait, what?! She never had sex with Jasper? Then how the hell could she be... Oh, no! 

"You don't know him" she suddently says at she sees the horrified look my face is wearing. "He's not one of us."

"Oh god, Octavia," I said given as I realized. All her time in the woods. All the time she spent "gathering berries" or "washing up" or "taking a walk" she spent with him, whoever he was. A tear escaped her eye, but she wiped it away quickly. 

"I don't know what to do, Clarke" she met my eyes. "Please help me." 

"First you need to tell Bellamy" I said determined. 

"What? NO! I can't! Clarke, you know I can't!" she desperately explain. She started crying. She really cried. I had never seen her this way. She dropped on her knees and continued sobbing. 

"Octavia," I said with more compassion this time as I knelt down to her. "It will be okay, I promise"

She removed her hands from her face and wrapped her arms around me. Her voice was muffled by my shoulder and very low but I was sure I hadn't imagined her words. I love him.

"Who was he?" I asked her when she pulled away. 

"Is" she corrected. "Who is he" she looked to the ground. "His name is Lincoln. He's what they call a grounder" 

"A grounder?" Bellamys harsh voice fills the room. Oh, shit! I hadn't heard that he arrived, nor had I seen that he was standing in the tent opening. His eyes are pitch black and if looks could kill, we both would be dead. His fists are clenched and he spoke through gritted teeth. I don't know how much he heard, and neither does Octavia. She looked ready to faint. She quickly sat up and dried her tears. 

"Bellamy," she started and took a step forward as he backed up. 

"Where is he?" he demanded to know, his voice rough and hateful. 

"Bellamy, don't," I interfered. 

"Shut up, Clarke!" he glanced at me for a second before he focused back on Octavia. "Now, where is he?" 

Octavia looked at me for help. She didn't know what to do.  But I did.

I ran towards Bellamy and wrapped my arms around his neck, placing my mouth on his. For a second he placed his hands on my waist but as soon as he registered what was happening and pushed me away, Octavia had already ran out of the tent and through the gates, into the woods and I was left with a furious Bellamy and his death glare. 

Okay, so I know that this chapter is a little of topic, and more about Octavia then Bellarke, and I apologies for that but I think this chapter was nessisary for some information about Octavia's pregnancy. I hope you still enjoyed it though! :) Thanks for reading! 

xoxo