Part 56

*FLASHBACK*

"Ah, come on Princess! It was a joke" he sighed and grabbed my wrist as I turned around to leave.

"Well, I didn't laugh" I spit my reply as I forcefully pulled my wrist back. I knew he was joking but I still felt the hint of truth behind his words.

"No, I noticed" he smiled his cocky smile at me. Asshole. When I turned to leave again, he opened that stupid mouth of his. "I'm sorry, okay?"

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes. I knew he didn't mean it. His apologies were as empty as his head. He never thought about consequences, he just did and said whatever he felt like.

"What do you see in him anyways?" He randomly asked, nodding towards the boy standing next to the brown haired girl by the fire. What was it really? What was it about Finn that appealed me so much? I wasn't expecting that question. Not from Bellamy at least. I guess I never thought about it, really. He was nice to me, listened to me and was right next to me whenever I needed. But now that I was put second, and I really needed him, I found myself standing alone.

"If you want my opinion, you are too exceptional for that guy" Bellamy snapped me out of my thoughts before I could form a good enough answere.

"What? What does that mean?" My voice came out more accusing than I intended but his words surprised me and I wasn't in the mood for his smartass comments.

"No offence, Princess, but you are a rare species. You need a guy who is strong mentally. Someone who can put you in place when needed. You are a handful" he took a bite of the apple in his hand before he winked and left. What the hell does that mean? I am not a handful!

"Hey wait!" I yelled after him.

"Sorry! Duty calls" he put his hand against his ear like a phone and I couldn't help smiling. He was such an idiot.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I never realized until now that Bellamy was always the one. From the beginning. He was an asshole most of the time but when I think back, he was always there. In every moment, I was suddenly aware that he was always there. Either in the background carefully watching or right beside me. He was steadier than Finn ever was.

*FLASHBACK*

"What the hell just happend?!" I yelled in Lincolns face. Octavia was deciding in her mind, weather to stand up for Lincoln or stand up against him herself.

"They took your leader" he said referring to the grounders who ran through camp and took Bellamy with them. Lincoln runs his hand over his face, the same thing Bellamy used to do when he was frusturated and at war with himself.

"What do you mean, Lincoln? What the hell is going on?" Octavia took the words out of my mouth and looked sternly at him. Her face was still stained by the tears that she had shred earlier. She was breathing heavily, her eyes scanning Lincoln's face for some sort of answere.

"It means payback. You got me, they take him." He made the words 'they take him' sound like a normal thing, like it wasn't a big deal. When he saw the look on our faces he changed quickly. His face changed from 'I knew this would happen' to 'what the fuck did I just cause'. My mind replayed the scene. Chaos everywhere. Bellamy was laying on the ground, Octavia was stuggling against a pair of hands wrapped around her, a grounder, people were running before something hit me in the head and knocked me out. When I woke up he was gone.

"What do you mean 'we got you'? And where the hell is he?!" I yelled at him, my voice at an edge of either breaking down in tears or screaming at the top of my lungs. Lincoln looked to the ground before turning to Octavia.