The Soup (Tory)

A/N: Just some domestic Tory fluff as requested by @Rose3dits - sorry for the wait y'all

I was going over to my girlfriend's house to surprise her with dinner. I bought all the ingredients this morning so all we have to do is cook it and then we have a hot meal. She had been telling me how hard it is to find food her brother likes, that's good for him, and isn't too expensive so I found a recipe of mine and got all the stuff to make it. I'm so excited to surprise her with this, I just hope she isn't mad at me for showing up unannounced.

I got to Tory's apartment and knocked on the door, balancing the grocery bag on my hip. Her little brother opened the door and let me in.

"Hey buddy, where's your sister?"

"She's helping mommy."

"Okay cool, can you help me do a few things and surprise her?"

He nodded and I grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen.

In the kitchen, we started setting out and measuring the ingredients and laying out everything we'd need to make dinner.

"Hey y/n?"

"What's up little dude?"

"Are we gonna tell Tory about this?"

"Eventually, but she's helping your mom right now so let's not bother her, okay?"

"Okay."
He went back to washing the vegetables I had given him as I chopped up the ones he was done washing.

Tory walked out of her mom's room and called out to her brother.

"Hey, who was at the door?"

She walked into the living room and I ducked down behind the counter.

"No one, they had the wrong apartment number."

"Okay, what are you up to?"

"Oh uhm I dunno." He flushed and gave me a panicked look.

Tory walked into the kitchen to take a better look and I snuck up behind her.

"Boo," I wrapped my hands around her waist and kissed her cheek as she jumped.

"WHAT THE F-"

"Hey, there's a kid here, watch your fucking language."

She laughed at me and asked, "Y/n, what are you doing here?"

"I came to surprise you."

"No shit sherlock, I meant why?"

"Oh well you were talking about how picky your brother is and I remembered he liked my soup that I made you guys a while back, so I thought I'd come over and teach you how to make it, is that okay?"

"Are you kidding? That's literally the nicest thing anyone's done for me in a long time, thank you babe," she turned around in my arms and kissed me before pulling back to say, "Why did you do this? You didn't have to."

"I know baby, I wanted to help you out and this was the best way I could think of that you would accept. You're not very good at accepting help y'know."

"I know," she buried her face in my shoulder for a while before her brother coughed and we realized what we were supposed to be doing.

"Okay so what do we need to do to make this soup?" She washed her hands and passed out aprons.

"Well this guy already washed our veggies and I cut all of them but the onion so you could do that or you could brown the meat if you want."

"I'll chop the onion," She grinned at me and picked up the knife.