Chapter 25

"But Trevor-"
I sighed, rolling my eyes at the roughed up man.
"No, Bryn. We've discussed this already. It's too dangerous."
Trevor's tired eyes pleaded with mine, but my stubborn self could not admit to understanding him.
I had been locked away in the trailer for months now. At first, it was quite blissful. I felt like an old-fashioned housewife without the burden of children. Now, however, it's starting to get boring. The Lost had not tried to intervene at all, which I found hard to believe. Perhaps Johnny didn't see me as an asset. I mean, I'd already fucked him and made him money. Still, it's unlike Johnny to stay quiet. My thoughts were interrupted by Trevor's rough hands gripping my cheeks, pulling my face to meet his and engulfing me into a kiss. I reluctantly kissed back, still angered at his overprotectiveness. I pulled away and looked him in the eyes. He sighed.
"Look, I know this isn't the life we imagined together, but I can't let anything happen to you. I promised Mikey I'd protect you with my life, and I am."
"Oh, so that's the only reason you're doing it?"
I snapped, causing Trevor's eyes to glisten with frustration.
"That's not what I meant and you fucking know it, Bryn! I get it, you don't wanna be cooped up in this shitty ass trailer any longer! But don't fucking take it out on me for trying to keep your careless ass alive! I'm the only reason you're here right now anyways, you fucking remember?!"
I stepped back, my chest immediately tightening. I clenched my fists as my face turned red. I ran to the bedroom and slammed the door, throwing myself onto the musty old mattress and burying my face in my pillow. I didn't know why I was being like this honestly. He was right. He was just protecting me, and yet I let my immaturity interfere with my logic. I felt the pillow become engulfed with tears. I hadn't broke down in a while. I hadn't felt the need to. And yet here I am, releasing months of pent up emotions I didn't even know I had.
I heard a soft knock on the door, and the jumbling of the lock. I heard Trevor creep into the room, slowly placing his hand on my back.
He continued to rub my back in silence as I sobbed into the pillow.
"Listen, Bryn, I'm sorry."
He spoke softly. I could hear the hurt in his voice.
"I overreacted. I'm just worried, that's all. I don't want to lose you like I've lost everyone else close to me."
I looked up from the pillow, sniffling. Trevor took his thumb and wiped my eyes, then pushed my chin up to meet his gaze.
"I-I'm sorry, Trevor."
"For what? For wanting to leave the house after being stuck here for ages? I don't fucking blame you!"
Trevor chuckled a bit, causing me to crack a slight smile. He leaned in to kiss me, and I accepted the offer gratefully. He pulled me close and held me for what seemed like hours.
We sat in silence for the longest time. I focused on his heartbeat, his aroma of beer and gasoline, how the stubble of his chin grazed against my cheek.
Trevor finally broke the silence.
"We'll go out and do something. Together. How about that?"
I nodded in agreement, my face still buried in his chest.
"Can we go to the Pleasure Pier?"
I mumbled.
Trevor sighed. I knew he hated amusement parks, but his love for me overcame his hatred of the phony clowns and obnoxious screaming children on the rollercoasters.
"Anything for you, sweetie."
~
Trevor kept to his word as we pulled into the parking lot of the pier. The place was fairly crowded, but nothing out of the ordinary. Trevor hopped out of the truck and ran around to open my door, helping me out. I blushed at his actions. I still wasn't quite used to the whole relationship thing.
We ate Beefy Bill's Burger Bar, which also turned into us getting into a French fry fight. We took some mug shots and played bang a beaver. Trevor won me a small teddy bear, which I absolutely adore. I did exceptionally well at a shooting game and won Trevor an Impotent Rage collectible. I couldn't get him on the rollercoaster but he agreed to ride the Ferris wheel, where of course we did the ooey gooey kiss at the top put it on Snapmatic shit. After getting tired out by more carnival games, we made one last stop at the Cherry Popper, where we split an ice cream sundae.
"Thanks babe."
I smiled as I hopped in the truck.
Trevor gave me a peck on the lips as he closed my door.
"Anything for my princess."
We headed back to Sandy Shores. Trevor rested his arm on the center console. I made my way to his hand and squeezed it. He returned the gesture in a playful manner.
I giggled.
"Boy, you sure turned your attitude around today. I might just have to reward you."
"Oh really?"
Trevor smirked, his voice deepening, making me go crazy on the inside.
"I mean, maybe. We'll see."
I smirked.
"Damn girl, why you always gotta be a tease?"
Trevor groaned as we continued on to Sandy Shores.
~
Johnny's POV

Hm, so she is staying with the psychotic bastard. That doesn't surprise me. The team and I have been trying to strategize a good plan for swooping the broad back up. We thought about using Ashley, but that Pier encounter shows that Bryn has Trevor on a whole other level of pet. I highly doubt he would cheat now, and I never thought I'd say that. We also have someone else near and dear to him, but hopefully we won't have to use that reference just yet..for now, I think I'm going in the casual style. Just grab and bag. As soon as Trevor leaves for work tomorrow, it's on, darlin'. Brynleigh Rose you will be mine again...

(A/N: Sorry about the slow updates everyone! I've had a lot on me this new year, going back to my old job which means working 6 days a week, may be moving, took a trip to see my long distance bf, omg it's been a month! Nevertheless, I'm having a spur of artisticness at the moment, so the next update will be soon, I promise! Thanks for the support, love you all! :))