Chapter 45

Bryn's POV

I tried to wait patiently, but the anticipation was killing me. My phone was now dead, so I had no back up plan. I did talk Clay into letting me use the bathroom, as well as giving me a drink and a snack. These guys were much more courteous than Johnny, despite some of them almost killing me a year or so ago. Clay thew an expired bag of chips and an eCola at me. I gratefully accepted them. I decided to lay down and try and get some sleep, since it was probably getting late, or early, depending on the time. At this point I think the only way they would harm me would be if they found out about my phone, which I kept tucked neatly into the pillowcase.
I nestled into the covers which smelled of mold and cigarettes. Hopefully the waiting will be over soon and I will once again be nestled into Trevor's strong arms.
I forgive him. I probably shouldn't but I do. I love him. I need him. He's my rock and he's the one who understands me the best. He's the father of my child. I'm almost tempted to say he's my soulmate. I'm going to tell him what happened between me and Michael because he deserves to know. Hopefully he won't hold it against me, or Michael, because really it was my fault. I coaxed the drunken man into it.
I was drifting off to sleep when I heard what sounded like a gunshot. I immediately shot up and covered my stomach. I grabbed the phone and shoved it in my bra. Was this my great escape?
I heard commotion going on outside.
"Fuck you!!"
I heard a familiar voice call, followed by multiple gunshots.
"You fucked with the wrong team, dawg."
The gunshots intensified. I heard boots in the house, and quickly turned towards the door, making sure my phone was hidden.
Clay busted the door open, grabbing me up by the collar.
"What the fuck did you do?!"
He growled, a new intensity within him.
I gulped, shaking my head and pleading innocent.
"W-what do you mean? What's happening?"
"What's happening? Your crazy ass boyfriend and his trio are murdering my men!"
I was happy to hear this, but I couldn't let him know that. He dropped me back on the bed and I looked down, faking a cry.
"Damn..maybe you didn't do anything."
Clay turned around to the sound of lighter footsteps.
"Ms. Philips, please make yourself at home here. Sorry it's a mess, dear."
Trevor's mother smirked.
"You should take the trash out. She's hideous."
My hormonal blood instantly started to boil.
"You know what? Have you ever thought that maybe you're the hideous one? Maybe that you're not the MILF you think you are and you're just a useless, dried up, dirty skank whore?"
I growled, pushing Clay out of the way. Clay did not react. He was frozen in surprise.
I grabbed Trevor's mother and jerked her towards me, ramming my fist into her jaw. She stumbled back in surprise, but I didn't let it stop there. I chased the bitch out of the trailer and into the yard. The gunshots halted. I felt lots of eyes on me. Clay followed behind us, refusing to intervene. He was clearly entertained.
"Fuck you! Fuck you you useless cunt! For not only making fun of me but for hurting my man! For giving him a shitty life and abandoning him, to only make him think it's his fault! For making us steal a shit ton of drugs for you only for you to ding dong ditch us! Fuck you bitch!"
I screeched, continuing to throw punches at her. She tried to block, to no avail. I grabbed her by the neck and slammed her into the metal siding of the trailer, causing it to rock.
"I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AROUND AGAIN, OR YOURE DEAD MEAT, HEAR ME?"
I slammed her again into the trailer, causing her to collapse.
I felt dizzy. I stumbled back, trying to glance around. I made out three figures to my left, and Clay to my right.
"Yeah, take your crazy bitch home. We don't want her anymore. Let's just forget all this shit happened. Just please don't kill me and the remainder of our club."
Clay pushed me towards the three men. I instantly fell into Trevor's embrace, the smell of gasoline and sweat almost foreign to me now.
"I'm sorry, Bryn."
Trevor sniffled, burying his face into my neck. I rubbed his back.
"It's okay, let's go home."
I pulled away and walked over to Franklin and Michael, giving each of them a hug.
"Thank you guys, sorry for interrupting your date Michael."
"You're fine, I'm still working on it. What's not fine is you lied about having a friend down here. You could've gotten yourself killed."
I frowned, looking down at the bloody gravel.
"Yeah, I'm sorry, Mikey. I just didn't want you to worry."
"Just be honest with me, okay? That's the best way to be."
"Heh now you know how I felt when I thought you were fucking dead!"
Trevor grumbled.
I immediately wrapped him in a hug.
"Shhh, Trevor."
He obeyed. Franklin and Michael said their goodbyes and headed on their way. Ron drove Trevor's truck down and came to pick us up. Wade pulled me into a big hug.
"I'm so happy you're okay! I was gonna beat them up but Trevor told me he'd kill me if I moved."
I chuckled, looking over at Trevor.
"Sounds like Trevor alright."
We all looked back at the sound of tires crackling against the off-road.
I was able to make out the figure by the headlights.
"Jimmy?"
I called out.
"Oh my god, you're okay!"
Jimmy said, running to me and wrapping me in a hug. He pulled away and smiled.
"I just happened to check my phone and noticed a message from dad's old number. I figured it was you. I didn't know what happened so I got here as fast as I could ready to kick some ass! But I see I was a little late."
"It's the thought that counts, Jimmy. I slid my hand in Trevor's pocket, grabbing his wallet and pulling out a 20. I handed it to Jimmy.
"Here's for being an awesome 'brother."
He rolled his eyes.
"Can't ya stop with that?"
We all bullshitted a bit and then Trevor helped me back into the truck. Trevor took the driver's seat and drove us home.
"Lester is working on tracking your car."
He said.
I nodded.
"The transmission went out on my way here."
"Wait, what?"
Trevor looked over at me in disbelief. Then it hit me. It seems like Niko's car was oddly familiar. I bet he tampered with it when it was either at Trevor's or Michael's house. And he probably followed me or watched for me to break down. That damn bastard. I thought he was a pretty cool guy, too.
Trevor parked his truck and Wade and Ron said their goodbyes, scurrying back to their houses like ants in a colony. Trevor helped me out of the truck and into the house. I could not believe what I saw as I stepped through the door..