Chapter 55

Bryn's POV

"Welcome back everyone."
Lester sighed, typing up a document on his computer.
"So initially I thought this was the end..I thought we were fucked. You can blame Bryn's persistence for this solution. After analyzing the brief explanation I gave all of you on the phone earlier, we can conclude that all these motherfuckers would love to be involved in capturing the bullion that we just lifted. So, what I'm going to do is I'm going to tell them both that you guys are at the foundry in Murrietta Heights, melting the gold down. Maybe, just maybe, both of them will pay you guys a visit and, BAM! We turn it into a bust."
Lester proudly clapped his hands together as we shot glances at each other around the room.
"Frank, go ahead and head to the foundry. Grab your friend on the way, you could probably use him."
"Alright homie, I'll catch y'all in a few."
Franklin nodded, standing up and briskly exiting the room. I could sense the nervousness in his stance.
"Alright guys, I need you all to set up shop inside the foundry. Frank will meet you there after he picks up Lamar. Oh and I contacted Niko. He should meet you guys there as well. You're gonna have a hell of a lot of heat so I figured an extra pair of hands would be beneficial."
Trevor rolled his eyes, shooting me a disgusted look. Oh boy, I thought maybe they could get along better for once, after the last encounter. I guess I was wrong.
"Ahem, we don't have time for eye fornication, quit staring at each other and go!"
Lester commanded, pointing towards the stairs. We quickly filed out of his office and into Trevor's truck.
"Can I catch a ride?"
Michael asked, quietly.
Trevor thought for a moment, then shrugged.
"Sure pal, hop on the back. Hold your ass, it's gonna be bumpy."
~
"This could be it, our showdown with a private army, and you're bringing a rifle?"
Trevor's voice echoed off the dark walls.
"Yeah I'm bringing a rifle. It's a good gun, it'll get the job done."
Michael retorted.
I quickly ran to the scene, throwing myself in between them, forcing them to lower their guns.
"Aye, Frank is over here trying to save your asses and you're in here trying to kill each other! Knock it the fuck off!"
I growled, causing both men to step back from each other.
"You're telling me I was hired to protect you two and you two idiots are trying to off each other? Pssh, pathetic. Maybe you two should do that, save our breaths a bit yeah?"
A quick glare shut Niko up. Blood boiling from the fighting and Niko's comment, I almost didn't hear Franklin enter the building.
"Aye! Lamar just phoned, they're creepin outside!"
We all took our positions, hiding behind various crates throughout the warehouse.
The men filed in the building. Before they could snoop, Franklin fired a shot, starting an ambush.
"The reckoning is upon them! We will not leave until they're all fucking dead!"
Trevor screamed over the headset.
"T, chill, damn."
I sighed, ducking almost to the floor as a bullet whizzed 2 inches beside my head. My head spun, making me nauseous. That could've been the end.
"Snap out of it."
Niko commanded, running up to help hold them off.
I nodded, continuing to shoot and ignoring the pushing thoughts in my head.
"Aye, Lamar is getting fucked up out there! You guys hold it down in here, I gotta go help him!"
Franklin ran outside, taking out a line of agents as he exited.
"Merryweather's here."
Michael called out.
I glanced over at Trevor who was picking them off one by one. I winced as their lifeless bodies fell from the overhead stairway.
"We have another bunch coming up. Can I kill them?"
Trevor smiled through his stern shooter stance.
"They're doing us a favor, taking each other out."
Michael commented.
"Gotta love the American Dream, am I right?"
Niko chuckled.
I felt a stern hand reach and grab me. I quickly smashed my gun's butt into the FIB agent's skull, earning a nod of respect from Niko.
"Ah shit, I think T is in trouble."
Michael called, quickly making his way from his position in search of him. I quickly followed suit, leaving the capable Niko on the front lines.
We jumped down and headed towards a corner, spraying men down left and right. After a few minutes of searching, we found him on the ground, breathing but banged up.
"What the hell happened there?"
Mikey asked.
"I was a little winded, okay? I took a TO. Good to see you all worked up."
Trevor chuckled.
Michael sighed.
"Next time I'll leave you to it."
"Inside is clear. We're moving to the exits."
Trevor called.
We all filed out of the building, immediately bombarded by attackers.
We fought our way one by one to the car. I took a look around, double checking to make sure we got all of them, and headed to the Bodhi.
Michael climbed on the back and we sped off, followed by Niko and Franklin.
"Our work isn't over just yet."
Trevor shot Michael an evil grin over his shoulder. Michael chuckled.
"Who should we kill next?"