Chapter 12

(A/N: I'm sure you guys who are reading will not mind, but just a heads up: major trigger warning. Suicide mentions and various descriptive violence ahead. I love you guys, I don't want anyone upset. Please skip ahead if this is not okay. Thank you xoxo)
~
"No, Johnny! Please! I'll do anything!!"
I begged, trying to run towards Trevor, who was being held at gunpoint by my ex lover. I was stopped by Ashley stepping in front of me.
"What's wrong, sweetie? Angry because I took both of your men away? Trevor never cared for you anyways, doll. Consider this a favor." Ashley's steel toed boot met my stomach, causing me to collapse in pain. I looked up as she walked towards Trevor.
"Isn't that right, darling?"
She smirked, placing a kiss on his cheek. Trevor looked at me wide eyed, that damn unreadable expression crossing his face. Was this true? Why would I care? Trevor wasn't my man, was he? Did I like him? More so, did he like me? No, he fucking hates me...so why do I care? I mean sure he's being held at gunpoint on my behalf but..hell I don't know...
Anger and hurt overcome me as my body jolted upwards in a rush of adrenaline. I reached in my back pocket and pulled out a pistol. I had never really handled one before, but it just came natural for some reason. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I opened them and aimed at Johnny, who was still locked on to Trevor. He didn't flinch. Instead, he shot me a sideways grin.
"What're you gonna do with that, Bryn? You're a hacker, not a fighter."
His words made me tremble. Anger..fear..maybe a bit of both. Maybe he was right..no..God damn it..he was not getting to me. I let out a loud scream and my finger collapsed onto the trigger. A loud scream followed, but it was not my target.
I quickly snapped out of my gaze and it was as if everyone had disappeared-Ashley, Johnny, Trevor, no where to be seen. Instead, just a suffering limp body lay on the ground. It was...dad?
"Brynleigh..why.."
I quickly ran over to my father and knelt down, rolling him over and raising his head onto my lap.
"Dad..no.."
I heard another familiar scream behind me, followed by another gunshot. I quickly whipped my head around to see..mom...bloody and lifeless, surrounded by brain matter and skull fragments.
I gasped at the sight, looking back down at my father who took his last breath.
"Karmas a bitch, ain't it Bryn?"
I lowered dad's head to the ground and slowly stood up, dusting off my jeans and turning around. Johnny was back, dragging along the lifeless body of..Trevor..
"You're next."
He sadistically winked at me.
I sunk to the ground as I let out a high pitched scream..
~
"Bryn, what the hell?!"
I was awaken by Trevor shaking me vigorously. I shot up in bed, still trembling. I looked around the dim-lit room. I looked down at my hands, and then over at Trevor, who had a concerned look on his face. I scanned his body. He was definitely alive..and shirtless. I blushed at the sight, then snapped out of it as I looked back at his confused face.
"Erm-sorry. Just had a bad dream, that's all."
I tried to dismiss it. He must be pretty pissed that I woke him up.
"Trevor never cared for you anyways, doll..."
Ashley's voice sang in my head. I felt my eyes burn as a river of emotions poured out of me. Without thinking, I instantly launched myself into Trevor's chest, wrapping my arms around him. He jumped at first, but then wrapped his muscular arms around me. I felt so small in his embrace, but it made me feel..safe. I sobbed into his chest as he held me close, stroking my long hair here and there.
"It's okay.."
He kept repeating softly. I sensed that he was not used to comforting people.
I took a deep breath and sighed, bringing my t shirt up just enough to wipe my eyes. I looked up at Trevor, whose expression was soft and full of..care. I bit my lip and looked down.
"Don't leave me, Trevor."
He nodded as I laid back down, and he joined me. I felt his strong arms wrap around me, pulling me close. He rested his chin on my head as I drifted back off to sleep...