Chapter 17

(A/N: Hey guys, Hannah here. I just wanted to apologize for the updates being a little slower than usual. Been in and out of the hospital with severe flank pain, meaning tests galore 😑 also apparently we're going back to 12 hour shifts at work due to covid so that'll be fun. Anywhooo, I hope y'all enjoy, leave me some feedback in the comments. I truly appreciate all the love and support 😘)

Last night was definitely unexpected, but amazing. Trevor woke me up by kissing my bare shoulder, his stubble tickling a bit. We showered and got dressed. I cooked breakfast, something simple. Just eggs, bacon, and grits. However, Trevor gulped it down as if he'd never seen such a meal before. I was finally understanding his emotions, for the most part at least. Somehow I had opened up his soft side, or it seems as such. Based on his encounter with his mother, I'm assuming he's had a pretty damaging life, explaining his bipolar outbursts. I really don't know much about the man, although it seems like I've known him forever. It still bothers me that he knows Lester...But I decided it would be better if I dug into the mystery before straight out asking him.
We decided to head to the lab today, so I could show him that recipe. He stood behind me and wrapped his arms around me as I prepared the base. I smiled to myself. The puzzle pieces were finally coming together. What I thought was gonna be the death of me was my saving grace.
"Alright, so after you have the base cooking, you just throw in a little of these."
I placed some hydros along the table, along with a few Deludamol.
"Any kind of narcs will work. This is just my favorite combo."
"And if you want extra potency, you sprinkle in a few of these."
I placed some Xanax along the table, crushing all of the pills with a rusted hammer, the sound echoing throughout the empty lab.
I scooped the powder up into an empty coffee can and slowly poured it into the mixture. The mixture started to bubble as I looked back and smiled at Trevor.
"That's it. I always microdose to test it when it's finished."
I turned around and placed my hand to his cheek, bringing him in for a kiss. He kissed me back, grabbing me by the hips.
We quickly pulled away as we heard footsteps pattering the concrete floor. Ron stopped in front of us, panting.
"H-hey Trevor-"
"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT RON?! YOU KNOW BETTER THAN TO BE BARGING IN TO MY FACILITY WITHOUT MY FUCKING PERMISSION! ARE YOU WANTING TO GET SHOT?!"
I rolled my eyes at Trevor as Ron trembled in fear.
"S-s-sorry Trevor. I-it's just-"
"Come on! Spit it out!"
He commanded.
Ron stopped and cleared his throat.
"Wade and I saw a Lost van scoping the neighborhood. They noticed we were watching, and quickly sped away."
Trevor sighed, exchanging looks with me as if we telecommunicated with each other. They must've thought he killed me off at first, explaining their non-involvement. But Sandy Shores is a small town, and word spreads fast. They must've heard about the Dollar Pills heist. I mean, what other psychopath around here would have the balls to rob a drug store via the front door, take out Blaine County's entire police force, and not face any ramifications?
"Well-"
Trevor paused, grabbing a sample of the finished batch and placing it in his pipe, taking a big hit.
Micro dose, my ass..
I thought to myself.
He coughed and nodded in approval.
"I guess it's time to take em out. You, stay on the lookout. Make sure the trailer is secured. Get my people here to man the lab."
He then turned to me.
"You, come with me."
He quickly pulled me along as he headed out the door and practically threw me in his truck.
Los Santos Rock blared through the crackling speakers as he merged onto the highway. I remained silent, sensing his inner frustration. He spoke up.
"You've never really used a gun, have you?"
I looked at him, my cheeks turning red.
"Is it really that obvious?"
He glanced over at me and chuckled.
"Sweetheart, for someone with little experience you did phenomenal. However, I saw the way you shook in fear as you shot that young girl. Hesitation will get you killed, sweet cheeks."
I looked down in embarrassment, but he quickly brought my gaze back as he grabbed my hand and kissed it, making me blush another shade of red. He pulled into the Ammu-Nation. I got out of the truck and followed him in.
"What's going on, Melvin?"
Trevor exclaimed, stopping at the front counter.
The man looked up from the gun magazine he was reading and chuckled.
"Trevor, how's it going bud? Tell me you haven't killed anyone else lately."
I could tell the man meant it as a joke, but was actually a bit scared to hear his answer.
"Only a few."
Trevor browsed the selection of guns, stopping at an AP Pistol.
"Give me that one, and that assault rifle over there. Fully loaded, please. Oh and, more of my usual ammo."
The guy nodded and grabbed Trevor's items as he pulled out a wad of cash. Trevor paid the man and headed towards the range.
"You ain't gonna introduce me to your new woman?"
Melvin joked, then hesitated a bit.
Trevor chuckled, glancing back at him as his tight expression loosened a bit.
"This is Bryn. Bryn, this is Melvin."
Melvin waved at me and I returned the gesture, smiling softly.
"Boy, if anyone can keep Trevor Philips in line it'll be you girl. I can tell you're a tough one."
Trevor rolled his eyes and dragged me into the range. He handed me the pistol first.
"Alright, let's work on your grip."
He got behind me and held my hands in his. He pushed himself against me to straighten my back.
"Alright, be confident, Bryn. Aim at the target, and smash that trigger like you're making love to me."
I blushed at the example he gave. The targets started moving and I followed his steps, missing a few but getting better as I went on. Trevor removed his hands from mine and I was shooting on my own. We eventually switched to the assault rifle, which took some getting used to with the kick, but I quickly adapted to it.
"Damn you're a natural babe."
I blushed at Trevor's comment as he stopped the machine. I went to hand him the rifle but he stopped me.
"Keep it, it's yours...and this too."
He motioned towards the gun. I took it and smiled.
"Thanks, Trevor."