Chapter 11 - Heartbeats

Serenity's POV

I ran to the back of our school, trying to calm myself from uncontrollable sobs.

I climbed on a tree, trying to avoid the other students passing by.

Tears started to trickle down my face. I hugged my legs and rested my forehead on my knees.

I ignored her again because of his presence.

I miss Kyrille so much..

I buried my face in my hands as more tears flooded my face.

Why can't he just leave us alone?

I let my feet dangle on the tree branch as I looked up to the clear blue sky.

I felt my leg being pulled down and I landed facedown on the grass where its sharp edge cut a long line on my right eyebrow down to my cheek which cause a long, not so bloody wound. My bangs covering it.

He lifted me higher so he can face me, good things its Friday so I'm wearing jeans.

"Did you ignore her?" He asked with a matching evil smirk that made me roll my turquoise swollen orbs.

Smirk King.

"Psh. You already saw me ignored her earlier, right?!" I half yelled and crossed my arms.

"Tsk. Fine. You should thank me that I'm kind this morning." Kind? How come? He wants me and all students studying here on Daybreak High to ignore a loving and caring Kyrille Aria Park? "Just ignore her everyday, kay?" He suddenly dropped me down, my butt landed first then he walked away smirking again.

I rested my head on the bark of the tree and hugged my legs while letting myself cry.

??? POV

I was walking around the campus of Daybreak High and decided to have some fresh air at the back of our school.

I stopped walking when I saw him dropped Serene. Good thing her butt landed first.

She rested her head on the bark of the tree and hugged her legs. She's crying hard.

I stared at Serene with sad eyes and approached her, slowly.

She didn't notice me. I knelt down, meeting her level. I gently lifted her chin, making her face me. Blue orbs met turquoise.

Her pink hair covered her right eye. I wiped her tears away using my thumb.

I tucked a stray strand of her hair behind her ear, which is covering her eye and was surprised when I saw her scar, running from her eyebrow down to her cheek.

I ran my index finger through her scar, gently. Its still fresh and few blood is oozing out.

I pulled a handkerchief from my pocket and pressed it gently on her wound, absorbing the blood.

I wrapped the handkerchief around her right eye and tucked another strand of her pink hair behind her ear.

"Meet me at the clinic before class starts, okay?" I said. I stood up, turned on my heel and started to walk away

"Wait." Serene said. I turned around her and found her looking up while extending her hand, a sign for me to stop.

I stopped in my tracks.

"Thank you, uhh..." she said, trying to figure out my name.

"Just call me Drew." I said.

"Don't go.." she said weakly. On her condition, I decided to stay.

"Thank you again.." she said weakly as I nodded. I sat down next to her. She rested her head on my right shoulder that made my blood run to my cheeks.

Few minutes had passed. "Serene?" I asked. No words came out of her mind. All I heard were soft snores. She fell asleep from crying.

I stared at her sleeping form with soft eyes. I gotta admit, she looks cute when sleeping.

She doesn't drool or snore loudly like other people. Instead, she is quiet and her mouth is slightly open.

Please don't let me go~

I just want to stay

Can you feel my heartbeats

Giving me a way

I just want to know

If you too feel afraid

I can feel your heartbeats

Giving you a way

Giving us a way~

I was surprised when I heard the song.

I searched for the person playing the song and saw nobody around.

I suddenly felt some vibration on my legs. Cramps maybe?

I looked down

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Its just her phone ringing.

Meh.

I hesitated whether to answer the phone or not.

I glanced at Serene who is sleeping peacefully. I don't want to wake her up.

I stared at her phone which is still ringing. I sigh and decided to answer the call. Maybe its important.

I heaved a sigh once more and pressed the call button without looking at the caller. "Hello?"

~~~~~~~~~

Pink: Kyaaaa~ My favorite chapter ^_^

Blue: IKR Pink!

Pink: Ok. Who do you think the caller is? Comment ;)

Blue: *shouts* WOOO! I JUST CAUGHT A GIRL ABSOL ON THE GAME I AM PLAYING! (POKEMON) [This is so true]

Pink: *poker face* Shut up! I'm talking to my readers! *glanced at readers* Comment people!

Blue: *fancies* Yay!!! Marshtomp evolved into Swampert! ^O^

Pink: -_- Meh. Who's SereniDrew shippers here? Raise your hand or comment \\(^_^)//

Toodles~!