Chapter 37. 3 - School Outing

PinkAegyoGirl's POV

The students were busy drawing an object that describes their lives. Only 20 minutes more and they will show their drawings and explain it.

As for Nick, well, he is already finished on his drawing but he is having a hard time on explaining.

"Hmm...Because letting go is the best thing I could do. No! Not that. Urgh!" He shouted as he smacked his head. "Think!" And that's when a light bulb was placed on top of his head. "Aha!" He exclaimed as he wrote what's on his mind before he could forget that.

Moving on, Kyrille had just finish drawing and writing her explanations. She placed her sketch pad, together with her pencil, on her lap and waited for her fellow classmates to finish.

"You're already done, Baby Yam?" She jerked her head on her left and met Nate's glaze. She smiled and nodded. Nate smiled back and continued drawing.

"Ok students! Times up!" Tr. Cillo announced. The students raised the pencils in the air, to stop them from drawing. "Ok. Let's start from..." she picked a card and he's name was written there. "From Mr. Hilbert Davis."

Nick's POV

As Tr. Cillo announced my name, I stood up and faced everyone with my sketch pad on my grip. I looked at Aria and she is giving me a thumbs up. I smiled and took a deep breath as I showed them what is sketched on the pad.

"My life is like a kite. Sometimes better to hold on it and sometimes better to let go. Even though I still have the opportunity to let it soar higher, the string still managed to slip from my fingers. Forever, I'll be depressed without it." And a flashback popped in my mind which happened to be my explanation.

FLASHBACK

The winds blew gently. A young girl and a young boy playing under the rays of the beautiful sunlight.

"Aria, I'll give you the signal, ok?" I called to the young peach-head, who nodded as her response. "Alright, one, two, three!" Aria threw the kite above her head as I pulled the kite's string to keep it airbone. Soon, the kite was soaring freely in the air making Aria to giggle.

"That's how you do it!" I told her. She smiled and kept on staring at the colorful kite. She laughed.

"Hey Nick! I wanna try, too!" She squealed as she ran to my direction. I nodded and handed her the string.

She laughed again as she pulled the string while running to keep the kite soar high. While running, she tripped on a rock, causing her to let go of the kite's string.

"Oh no!" She shouted as the kite got stuck on a high tree branch. I rushed to Aria's side then help her stand up. I looked at the tree where the kite got stuck. My eyebrows furrowed together.

I ran to the tree then placed a foot on a low branch. Pushing myself up, I stood up on a thick branch where the kite's string was tangled up. I stretched my arms sidewards to keep my balance then took small steps towards the end of the branch. I grabbed on a higher branch for support then stretched my free arm to reach the kite's string. After, I finally got the strings then slowly walked back to the bark of the tree.

My foot slipped, causing me to fall, but luckily, I grabbed the branch to prevent myself from falling. I gulped, trying not to look down.

"Nick!" Aria screamed.

The branch snapped, causing me to fall down. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the impact but it never came.

Instead, I felt strong arms around me. I opened my eyes.