Chapter 42 - Cold Kyrille

Nick's POV

"So, Aria, got any plans for this long weekend?" I asked the peachette sitting next to me as I watched her lick her ice cream fondly.

"Nah. I think I'm staying at home for the weekend." she replied, staring emotionlessly into space.

After the accident happened back at the hospital and their break-up, she became a wreck. She never smiled anymore. She would always wake up, baggy-eyed and tired. However, she always try to conceal it. I totally tell that she hasn't move on yet. I feel bad for her. But why? Why of all people, should it be her to feel this pain? Why can't I?

"I'm going home now." she bluntly said, throwing her leftover ice cream on the trash bin, walking away from me.

"Hey, Aria! Serene's having a slumber party tomorrow night! Wanna come with? It's just Serene, Drew, me and you. Well, if you want to." I suggested following after her.

She raised her hand then formed a thumb's up sign, not stopping from walking away.

"Alright! See you tomorrow! I'll pick you up at six!" I said, louder this time, since she already gone farther.

Aaaand, she became more quiet and emotionless.

*********

I knocked on the Parks' door, checking my watch that reads 5:45. Great, timing.

The door opened, revealing Aria in a long sleeved jacket and ripped jeans as she carried her bag in one shoulder.

"You ready to go?" I asked her. She answered my question with a head nod. I lead her to my motorcycle and both of us got on. Aria wrapped her arms around my stomach, which made my blood rise up to my cheeks. I started the engine and drove to the direction of Serene's house.

Fifteen minutes later, we arrived at the pinkette's house. And guess what? Two lovebirds waiting for us in the doorstep.

"Took both of you long." Serene puffed out her cheeks, earning a laugh from Drew.

"Come on, Sweetie, they arrived. That's all that matters." he ruffled her hair, causing Serene to smack him across the face. I laughed, staring at Drew's bright red cheek. I know they're trying to make Aria laugh, but it didn't do anything to change the look on her face.

"Can we go in now?" Aria asked, emotionless again. Serene's eyebrows furrowed together as she tried to hide a frown. She nodded with a cheerful smile and let us in her house.

While we ate dinner, Aria has been silent all the way. We tried reminding her the embarrassing moments she did during her childhood, but it's not even enough to make her grin or giggle.

After we ate, we went to Serene's room, which is like, very big, it's like the size of a living room. And my face is kinda like 'WHAAAA?'