Part 4 - Ortho with Callie/ Arizona confronts you about your bruises

When Arizona wakes up you have already left to start your nightshift.

You are working in the ER, it's a pretty slow night.
Arizona comes down to see April as there's not much work to do tonight.

Arizona: "Hey April, how's Drew doing with the ER and trauma?"

April: " she's doing really well, we've had some big cases but she's been quick to pick it up and just gets on with it. I hope she goes for trauma. She is with Callie next isn't she?"

Arizona: "Yeah Callie next, then hopefully it's my turn"
She blushes.

You have a couple more busy days with April but don't think that trauma is the speciality for you.

Now it's time for ortho with Callie.
Callie walks into the locker room...

Callie: "Drew, are you ready for ortho?"

You: "Yes Dr Torres I'm ready!"

Callie: "We've been paged to the pit for a broken pelvis. Let's go"

Callie: "Okay so we need to stabilise the pelvis so that cardio can go in and then we will go in after that. Ready to help me?"

You help Callie stabilise the pelvis and then you wait until Dr Pierce is finished.

Maggie Pierce pages you in.

Callie and Pierce are talking about their relationships and personal lives...

Callie: " I hope I'm out of here in good time tonight, I'm hoping to take Sofia and Penny out for dinner and a movie"

Maggie: " oh yeah that would be nice, it's Robbins night with Sofia isn't it?"

Callie: yeah it's meant to be but we will just swap things around. We try to help each other out where we can."

Maggie: " it's great that you two you have a good relationship for Sofia"

Callie: "after Robbins and I ended, things were hard, we had to figure out how to be parents to Sofia apart, and now we finally done that and get on well. We just want what's best for Sofia and be there for her"

You: " well I can do the postop checks for you and just page you or the on-call if there are any problems?"

Callie: " that would be great Drew, thank you. My girlfriend Penny is a resident and doesn't get much time off either so when we have Sofia we like to go out and spoil her"

You: " yeah, no I get that, this is a busy job. I hope you enjoy the time with your family"

You finish surgery, Callie heads home and you go to check on her post-op patients.

Arizona comes to find you as she wanted to see if you're were okay after seeing your bruises but she sees you asleep in a chair in the hallway of your patients.

When you wake up you see Arizona sitting next to you.

Arizona: "hey how are you? I got you a hot chocolate."
She hands it over.

You: "oh um, thank you, you didn't have to do that"
You take a sip and smile at her.
You: "mhmm, that's good. How long have you been sitting here?"

Arizona: "about 20 minutes. I just wanted to make sure you're okay"

You: "why wouldn't I be okay?"

Arizona: "I saw your bruises the other night. I went to go for a sleep in the on call room and you were asleep in there, and I - I didn't mean to look but I saw the bruises and I just wanted to make sure you're okay. And if you need someone to talk to then, well I'm here"