Part 57&58 - Run away to Iowa

The next day at the hospital...

Bailey: "Robbins, what's going on with Dr Drew? She emailed me saying she has gone away and ain't sure when she'll return"

Arizona: "what? She told me she just needed a few days space"

Bailey: "well I can keep her space open on the programme but not for too long"

Arizona: "I need to talk to Alex"

She finds Alex

Alex: "any news on Y/N?"

Arizona: "she emailed Bailey saying she doesn't know when she's coming back. What if she doesn't come back!?" She breaks down in tears again.

Steph knocks on the door then walks in.

Steph: "hey sorry to interrupt, I just wanted to let you know that Y/N stayed with me last night. She told me not to tell anyone but then this morning she left and said she was going back home and was going to stay with some friends. I tried to stop her and talk to her but she wouldn't listen"

Alex: "okay, I'm going to go to Iowa. Get her to talk to me"

Arizona: "I'll come with you"

Alex: "we can't both leave Robbins"

Arizona: "if she's left me Alex I need to see her, to try and understand. I need to see her. We will get stark to cover"

Alex: "okay fine, go back a bag and meet me back here in 2 hours"

They get to Iowa and Alex calls you...
You: "Alex I'm fine. Stop calling me"
Alex: "I'm in Iowa"
You: "what, how did you know? Ohh, Steph"
Alex: "just meet me then I'll leave you alone"
You: "are you alone?"
Alex: "yes I'm alone"
You: "okay fine, I'll text you the address"

There's a knock of the door, it's Alex and Arizona.

You: "Alex, I said just you"

Arizona: "please Y/N"

You: "Alex you can come in"

He comes in and Arizona leaves

Alex: "she's worried about you. We both are. What's going on?"

You: "I told you, I just need a bit of space"

Alex: "why! Just talk to me. Give me something here" he's beginning to shout.

You: "what makes you think I'd want to talk to you? Because you're my brother? Some brother you've been"

Alex: "okay fine, you're upset with me but don't take it out on Robbins"

You: "oh my god Alex, this isn't about you! You have no idea what's wrong because you haven't been in my life! You think I'm going to talk to you, why would I? You don't know anything about me!" You are shouting.

Alex: "you're right, I haven't been a good brother. I left you" he says calmly. "But Y/N even as a kid you would shut yourself away when something was bothering you instead of talking about it. You hide and run away from the problems in your life. You don't want to talk to me, that's fine. But Arizona is out there, she came here because she loves you"

You: "just gone home, tel her I'm sorry" your voice is breaking.

Alex: "okay fine, but please call one of us if you want to talk. And please come home soon"

He leaves and Arizona is waiting around the corner.

Arizona: "what happened?"

Alex: "she said she's sorry and told us to go home. So let's go"

Arizona: "we can't just leave"

Alex: "we have too. We just have to hope that she talks when she's ready"

Arizona: "I don't understand. Did I do something?"

Alex: "I don't know Robbins. Just don't give up on her yet"

They go home and do not hear from you for 2 months.