143 - Arizona leaves Hopkins

Arizona goes home with Leila. She gets her job back at Grey+Sloan as head of paeds.

It's Arizona first day back and she's stood at the nurses station when Alex comes up to her and pulls her into an oncall room.

Alex: "hey, are you okay? Y/N called me and told me everything"

Arizona: "um yeah. I'm okay" her voice cracks and she looks away.

Alex: "Robbins, you can fix it with her. You love eachother"

Zona: "loving eachother isn't enough. We can't be together right now and it's so painful Alex. I wish I could be there with her but I can't do it. And she can't be here" she starts to cry.

Alex: "so what? That's it? You're over?"

Arizona: "yeah, she's there and I'm here. So yeah, we're finished" she wipes her tears away.

Alex steps in to huh her but she steps back.

Arizona: "no don't. Can you just, can you do me a favour and speak to Y/N , I don't want to talk to her. If she wants to know anything about Leila or see her, then she can sort it with you. It's too painful. I don't want to speak to her or see her. So can you do it all please"

Alex: "um yeah sure. Hey listen, do you want me to pick Leila up from daycare tonight and I'll have her overnight? Give you some time to yourself?"

Arizona: "thanks Alex. She'd love to see you and Jo"

Alex: "of course. I've missed my niece. I'll drop her back here tomorrow at daycare and you can get her tomorrow evening. If you ever need any help, let me know"

Arizona: "thanks Alex" she takes a deep breath "I better go" she turns and walks out.

Arizona has finished for the night and is leaving. She bumps into Amelia on the way out.

Amelia: "oh hey, how are you? How was your first day back?"

Arizona: "it's good to be back. I've missed it here"

Amelia: "you sound sad"

Arizona: "I just miss Y/N, but I'll be fine. I'm going to go to Joes actually. Do you want to come?"

Amelia: "sure. Let's go"