Chapter 1.

TO PREFACE:

This story is an X Reader. I've left the name as Y/N, but other descriptors have been decided by myself, because I find it difficult to read seeing "H/C, E/C, F/C" plastered all over the story. You can replace these descriptors in your head, or using a chrome extension you can find for free on the chrome store. Or, if that's not for you, then this may not be the story for you. Although, I do hope you give it a go anyways, because I think you will enjoy it!

"Bye." I mutter to my parents, barely audible as I walk through the door. U.A.'s only about a 20-minute walk from my house thankfully, so no train or busses needed.

I pull up my hoodie and pop in my headphones, taking in what the hell I'm about to do. I'm about to take the practical entrance exam for U.A.'s hero course. The written part was a piece of piss, but I've never really used that in combat before.

With Avenged Sevenfold accompanying me on my journey to U.A. through my headphones, I try to calm down the beating in my heart. Why am I scared now of all times?

----

Japan, xxxx Middle School, Class 3-C, 20xx

"Shut the fuck up, Quirkless bitch." He threw another punch at my gut. I slide to the floor, glancing up at my assailant- a boy from my class. He's never quite liked me, truth be told.

"The hell you mean, become a hero? Join U.A.? What can you do, huh? Scream loud enough so a real hero can come save you?" He laughs along with his lackeys, his blue eyes beaming with hatred. I decided enough was enough, and stood back up. Being 5'1 and Quirkless didn't exactly give me the physical advantage in this particular situation with a 6'4 guy with a literal blade quirk, but I was sure as hell gonna die trying.

"Wow, you gonna fight me? Just fucking tr-" I cut him off with a swift punch to the nose. He screamed and reeled back in pain, simultaneously extending sharp blades from his fingers.

"Oh you're fucking in for it now." He was met with my foot kicking his side before he could say anything further.

----

I shudder at the thought. Instinctively, I rub my bruised stomach.

I spot Tamaki up ahead, his head bandaged up, but seemingly unfazed. Sighing, I glance back at my home, which is now but a speck in the distance.

----

Japan, Y/N's House, Dining Room, 20xxx

My father guffawed in my face.

"U.A.? Do you really think you can make it into their General Studies course? It might not be as difficult as their Hero course but you ain't exactly gonna get into General Studies either with your lack of skills-"

"The Hero Course. I want to join the Hero course." The laughter resumes, this time from both of my parents.

"Are you fucking stupid? What makes you think you're good enough for that? You're Quirkless, Y/N. You are essentially nothing in this society." He looks up from his coffee and glares at me. He was blessed with an alright Quirk- the power to bend and manipulate certain types of metals. As a child, he would bend my braces wires to hurt me for days when I was "insolent", although he had much worse punishments, believe me.

"I'm still gonna do it," I say under my breath. Of course, he still heard me.

"Whatever, go kill yourself at the entrance exam for all I care. Now piss off, I don't want to look at you anymore." He waves me off and goes back to his coffee. Defeated, I trudge back upstairs.