Chapter 20.

Just like I did every day, I arrived home at 4pm, fed the cat, tidied up my room, then chilled out and watched Netflix. Or perform maintenance on my hero equipment.

Whilst I watched the latest episode of Saiki K, I got an incoming call from Yamada.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked down the phone.

"Hey hey hey! Just a heads up, Shouta knows about our little chat on the roof. He had... mixed feelings. He's not in a good way. Just wanted you to know! Since he was probably gonna ambush you as soon as he got through the door... He doesn't mean to, but he does that sometimes. Please don't panic when he comes home..." Mic's voice rang through the phone.

"Oh... Thanks for the warning. I'll deal with that as best I can... Thank you, Yamada!" Thoughts raced through my head; why was he having mixed feelings?

"That's okay! I gotta go, good luck Y/N!" And with that, he hung up the phone.

"Hmmm..." I sat on the sofa, waiting for my friend to get home.

'Mixed feelings...?'

Almost as if on cue, the door unlocked as my homeroom teacher walked in.

"Hey." he nodded at me.

"Hey..." I tried to play it off.

"Stay seated. We should talk." He... didn't look too pleased.

"Alright."

He set his bag and keys down at the table, and stuck on the kettle. I sat anxiously, awaiting whatever he was gonna say.

'He's gonna kick me out... I wanna live here with him...'

'He's kicking you out because he hates you.'

Before I knew it, he was sitting on the chair opposite the couch with a cup of coffee. Not a good sign.

"You told someone. You told someone we live together. Seriously, L/N?" He started to tell me off.

"He already knew!" I defended myself.

"But you didn't know that. You didn't know how close Hizashi and I are. As far as you knew, we were simply coworkers. You had no idea how he'd react. Yet you did it anyway. Why?" He interrogated me, his tone getting angry.

"Because I was fucking upset! And you can't be there for me every time! So I opened up to him, okay? I may hate his lessons but he's a good guy, I can tell he's trustworthy!" I was starting to get upset again.

"Why were you upset?" His eyebrows knitted together.

"I heard you talking to the Principal." I revealed. His face instantly went into 'Oh shit' mode.

"How much did you hear." He asked.

"You told him everything about me... I don't care that you told him, it was just hard to hear. Really fucking hard actually." I refused to talk about the small part I heard after. His face relaxed slightly, before getting concerned.

"Oh. I'm sorry... were you okay?"

"Yeah. Hizashi came to find me because I was gone for so long. We talked on the roof, and he told me that you confide in him about me a lot. That you were really upset and messed up over me. I'm sorry."

"Why... are you sorry?"

"Because I made you upset. If you'd never known, everything would have been fi-"

"If I had never known, your parents could have killed you. You could have been killed living on the streets. Or you could have killed yourself. That would make me more upset than I was. I would have been heartbroken, that I did and noticed nothing and lost you. Even now, there were so many fucking signs, every time you'd brush me off asking about your parents, the mysterious injuries, everything. I was upset that I didn't see it. Maybe I ignored it subconsciously, because I didn't want to believe it was happening to you, of all people. I can't believe I missed it... I'm so fucking sorry, Y/N." He held his face in his hands. He started to... cry? Very, very quietly. It was heart-breaking.