Chapter 2.

"CAN I GET A YEAHHHH?"

Silence filled the auditorium. The kids continued to direct their empty stares at the "Pro Hero". After that awkward moment, Present Mic began to explain the rules of the exam.

'3 different levels of robots? Hm.' I thought to myself. A boy raised his hand to ask a question; the weird guy I bumped into!

He started to rant about how there are robots, points, blah blah blah, and some boring shit I really could not be bothered to listen to. Besides, I got the main gist of it; bust up some bots, get points. Simple enough.

"And you! Girl with the brown hair and the glasses," He pointed at me.

"If you're not going to pay attention, which you are clearly not, then you might as well go home!" He finished with a serious look on his face. I glared at him with the bitchiest face I could muster.

"Huhhh? You looking at me? None of your fucking business what I'm paying attention to. You wanna go or something-"

"OK LISTENERS, TIME TO HEAD TO YOUR DESIGNATED BATTLE GROUND!" Present Mic interrupted.

"What a vulgar girl." The boy muttered. Jeez, what crawled up his ass?

We quickly made our way to our respective battlegrounds, where the exam would finally take place. Kids filed through the hallways, muttering about how they're scared, not ready, and one Pomeranian-looking kid yelling about how he's gonna "blow them all up" or some shit. All that aside, I was fucking ready. Raring to go. And none of these little shits can get in my way.

----

I stood in front of the gates, kinda having a little freakout.

'Ok, strings, check. Lubed bearings, check.' I mentally checked off everything I needed, in an attempt to calm myself down. To the left of me was a shrimpy-looking green-haired boy freaking out even more than I was. To be fair, these kids were 14. I was 19, and understandably they were much more scared/and or hyped up than I was. Ugh, kids. Damn, I felt old.

Before we knew it, Present Mic yelled "START!" and we were off.

Everyone immediately charged towards the inner centre of the grounds, trying to take out every robot in their way. I watched on as the kids showed off their various quirks to defeat the bots, trying to think how to use my own; or lack there-of.

Ok.

I pulled out my yoyos and sent the right one flying towards the neck of the 2-pointer. Once it was grappled on, I pulled the string and went flying in the direction of it, landing on its shoulder-type-things soon after. I wrapped the left one around its neck too, and pulled as hard as I could before a satisfying crunch was heard. The head toppled to the floor as I stood there dumbfounded.

"Fuck yeah!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. I spotted a 3-pointer coming straight at me, providing me my time to shine. I gripped my yoyos with determination and ran towards it. I used my yoyos to grapple onto the lamppost, then swing around to land on its head.

'What's this...?' I thought, directing my attention to the panel hidden under its chin. Once flipping it over, multiple important-looking wires became exposed.

"...Oh." I ripped as many wires out as I can, all while trying to stay on this damn robot that was trying to throw me off its back. Soon enough, the bot powered down.

"...Easy enough, I guess?" I zipped around the battleground, flipping around and manoeuvring through the buildings. It felt like I was flying, all made better by watching the chaos around me.

----

Japan, xxxx Prefecture City Centre, 20xx

I zipped around the town under the cover of night, wind billowing through my hair.