Part 2: Chapter 5.

"You excited?!" Midoriya asked, lacing up his shoes with pure joy in his voice. The kid was real hyped. It was the morning of our first day at work placements, and to be fair, I was quite excited too.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be, hm?" I smiled, finding it hard to contain my own emotions.

Throughout the course of the morning, we were debriefed on a situation involving the yakuza; the Shie Hassaikai. They're a product of old times- gangs, before quirks were around, essentially. It surprised me that a few of them survive to this day.

"How's it going then?" Aizawa said down the phone. I walked along with Mirio and Deku, lagging slightly behind on the phone with a cigarette in hand.

"It's been interesting. There's a situation with a yakuza group we had to know about, and their ringleader; with who we're supposed to avoid contact. Of course, knowing my luck, I'll run into him in about 5 minutes." A callous tone laced my voice.

"Hah. I wouldn't be surprised. But in all seriousness- stay out of trouble. Stay safe." He had a hint of worry in his voice. In all fairness, it was warranted. I definitely did not have a good track record with these things.

"I seem to attract trouble, but I'll try." I was interrupted by my new friends stopping up ahead, talking to a small girl with blue hair.

"Gotta go. I've already found some trouble. I love you!" I jogged to catch up with them, waiting for Shouta's response.

"I love you too. Have fun." I quickly hung up the phone, shoving it inside my pocket.

"What's u-" I finally caught a good look at the girl; blue hair, a horn, tatty clothes, and bandaged all up her arms. She looked terrified. The boys looked equally as horrified as me. This wasn't a typical lost kid.

As if on cue, the exact fucking dude we were meant to avoid, showed up.

"Sorry about my daughter, she loves to run around and play!" The masked man said in his gruff tone. My heart sank, but I had to put on my best poker face.

"Oh that's alright!" Mirio responded, a beaming grin on his face.

Mirio was playing this right. He was playing this by the book. But I couldn't bring myself to say a word. Deku clearly wanted to grab her and run, and I did too. She was obviously being abused somehow; she was fucking petrified of any movement Deku made towards her. Yet, here Mirio was, exchanging pleasantries with the guy. How could I sit back and watch this? The number of nights I'd spent crying, wishing, praying, that a hero would come and grab me, save me, take me away. I couldn't watch.

Fuck the rules. Since when did I follow the rules anyway? Since when did I do the most 'sensible' thing? If I were sensible, I wouldn't have punched Shigaraki in the face and saved the man I loved from certain death.

So much for staying out of trouble, I guess.

In one swift movement, I grabbed the girl and attempted to get the fuck outta there. She whimpered under my arm, as I ran and swung through the cramped alleyway.

"Wh-where are we going?" She said meekly.

"Somewhere safe." I planned on taking her straight to U.A.- no point in going back to Nighteye's as I've probably already been kicked out of the work placement.

Oh well. It's worth it. It's a human life we're talking about.

So I ran. And ran and ran. With Overhaul hot on my tail, of course.

Then the bastard created a huge-ass wall in front of my path. And that's all I can remember before hitting it and passing out.

----