Chapter 15.

CW: GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF SELH-HARM. Please do not read the first half of this chapter if you do not feel safe in doing so.

A fresh start. Aizawa had provided me with a fresh start. Away from my parents, away from the abuse. Here, I sat with a hot cup of tea in hand, my teacher sitting opposite with coffee in his own.

"I think we need to recap." The black-haired man gently suggested. I nodded, afraid of what was to come.

"So, you're homeless? They kicked you out over text whilst we were at the hospital, correct?" I nodded again.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked sympathetically.

"I didn't want to bother or burden you. And I was afraid you would call home and they'd go crazy." I admitted sadly.

"Crazy?" He questioned. The ceramic of the mug warmed my icy hands.

"Just yelling at me." I lied through my teeth.

"Are you sure you are telling me the truth?" He leaned in slightly.

"Yes." I answered without hesitation. He drew a breath and sighed.

"Okay. You'll live here with me." I almost spat out my tea at the blunt suggestion of living with my homeroom teacher.

"Uh- what?!"

"Hm?"

"You've done enough for me. I can't be a burden on you like this. And I'm not sure I can pay you rent... U.A. doesn't allow part-time jobs, and you're my teacher-"

"You are not a burden. And don't pay me anything. I work two jobs, it's more than enough. I have a lot of money to spare."

Defeated, I accepted his proposal. Not like I had anywhere else to go...

"...Okay."

Immediately, we got down to the nitty-gritty.

"We cannot reveal that we live together. I will probably be fired, and my license will probably be taken away. We both know nothing... unprofessional, is happening between the two of us, but the government and the school will most likely not see it the way it actually is. Understand? I'm placing my trust in you as an older student because unfortunately, you are too old for child services to help."

"Yes."

"You can sleep on the couch for now, because I already know you won't let me sleep on it instead, whilst I find you a bed and set up the spare room for you."

"There's a spare room...?" I questioned, looking around the apartment.

"Yeah. I use it for storage at the moment, but I'll clear it out for you. How much stuff have you got with you?"

I picked up my backpack and emptied it onto the table. 2 t-shirts, a pair of jeans, and a wash bag fell out. Including my cash. And unfortunately, a few pairs of underwear and bras.

Immediately, I yanked the underwear and bras away and stuffed them back into the bag.

"That's everything. I've got about £180 in savings, maybe I can get clothes or something from the charity shop eventually." Aizawa looked surprised at my lack of possessions.

"That's it?" I nodded my head.

"Okay, we'll go shopping after school tomorrow." He decided.

I looked horrified at the idea of parting with my cash.

"But- I need that money for food... I can't buy stuff yet...."

"Food? I'll feed you, idiot." He said matter-of-factly. He... had a point.