Chapter 30.

"Are you fucking kidding me...?" I whispered, dropping to my knees and hugging my body. The others looked on at me in concern.

"I couldn't protect two fucking kids." My voice trembled.

"W-what do you mean?" Midoriya stuttered.

"I'm the adult here... and I couldn't protect just two kids. It's not fucking fair. You're all kids. Why does this keep happening to you...? I couldn't save even one of you-"

"That's not your responsibility. You're a student just like us, adult or not. We'll get him back." Shoji assured me.

My mind went a million miles an hour. He was a child. Of course he felt like my responsibility.

"But where-"

"I believe the two you're looking for are here." A man in a top hat and mask fanned out his fingers to reveal 2 marbles.

Without a single word, I threw out my yoyo and wrapped it around his wrist. I quickly pulled him towards me, before being kicked back.

"He'd do much better with us, you know? You don't deserve someone of his calibre. Although, the bird-boy has proven himself to be quite powerful too. He'll come in handy." He jumped back.

"He'd never work with you!" Midoriya exclaimed. The villain simply ran away, beginning his retreat.

"No you fucking don't-" I hooked onto his ankle and pulled him back, punching him in the face. We battled on the tree branches, in a futile attempt to get the two back. I kicked him in the back, causing him to hit another tree.

"You're an interesting one, what's your quirk? Because those are clearly support items-"

"Why do you lot always ask that?!" I feinted and punched him in the side. He was one slippery bastard, hard to land a good hit on.

"Because you will do well with us too, quirkless."

A strange darkness overcame me, as the villain used his quirk on me.

"You've really warmed up to those kids."

"Yeah, I suppose. I almost feel like they're my responsibility now. I have this weird urge to protect them from this shitty world."

"Hm. I think you'll become an excellent role model for them one day."

"Heh. You think so?"

"I know so."

I awoke surrounded by a purple mist, as Midoriya's outstretched arm tried to reach us. At least they spared Tokoyami, who was lying on the floor out of the mist's way.

----

Katsuki and I sat restrained in some sort of abandoned bar. The lighting was dim, and a TV played in the background. All of the villains were gathered here, oogling us.

"I'm so fucking sorry." I whispered to him. He scoffed, looking down.

"Why?"

"I couldn't protect you. Fuck..." I hung my head down low in shame.

"It's not your fault. I fucked up too." He mumbled. Shigaraki, crusty as ever, walked up to us.

"You got this one too, hm?" he said to the masked villain.

"Good." He locked eyes with me. They were this disgusting red colour, and full of pure fucking evil.

"...What?" I asked, in total disbelief.